Camera bag with Internal storage for Travel Tripod

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all first post so hopefully I have done it correct.

I'm looking at buying a backpack or messenger bag that has an internal housing for the Manfrotto BeFree tripod.

It is 40cm when closed in length.

Hopefully you may have some ideas of bags I could use for this.

Thanks
Adam

I use a LowePro Vertex 200 for travelling and it easily swallows my Gitzo G1550T. My Gitzo is a bit shorter than your tripod but there is plenty of room so it won't be a problem. The quoted internal height is 43.9 cm. The Vertex 200 also fits most airline carry on restrictions too.

I doubt many if any bags have an internal housing for a tripod.
Plenty of bags should be able to carry one inside though.

My recently sold Lowepro Sport AW could carry a Befree carbon inside, used it for that very purpose.
Personally prefer using one of the side bottle type pockets and a compression strap for tripod carrying.
Some rucksack do have an external tripod carrying pouch and straps, usually in the centre of the pack.

Do believe I have seen a Manfrotto shoulder bag with a designated area for a Befree, maybe worth looking at their range for a rucksack

Thanks for the replies, I will look at the Lowepro range but may look at Walking Backpacks as well.

Pretty sure I've also seen a Manfrotto bag with an internal tripod slot, and also a Vanguard, but it's an unusual feature.

You need both a very large bag and a very small tripod to make it work. Much more common are tripod straps underneath a shoulder bag, or straps or pouches to attach to the side or rear of a backpack.

but may look at Walking Backpacks as well
I'd certainly look at those, and the best of them will likely be more waterproof than many a dedicated photo pack. Consider that many bags / packs come with an accessory raincover - an admission of design failure in my book. And what a fiddle!

Speed of camera access might be a consideration too for any configuration. You've got to make your own fudge.

For outdoor stravaiging, with maybe good mileages on foot, I find that a shoulder pouch holding a camera with lens attached can be worn alongside a backpack, or placed inside it for double protection in severe conditions or when scrambling, say, when you need the elbow room.

Probably too late for commenting on this thread.
I have just ordered this messenger bag.
It will accommodate a Manfrotto Befree style tripod, either internally or externally.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vanguard-V...GP/?tag=bingshoppinga-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583726541789820&psc=1

Back