Camera bag

Edit My Images
No
I'm looking for a camera bag that will hold a nikon d7000 with a battery grip, a MacBook Pro, and 2-3 lenses and a flash. I would like it to be a hip bag and for not more that 150 usd

Not sure what hip bag will take a Macbook, but I've a shoulder bag that easily takes all your camera gear (without mac) - there are lots available, Ive a Lowepro Nova bag.

The Lowepro Urban reporter looks to take a Mac as well http://www.lowepro.com/urban-reporter

Alternatively, you could look at a Modular system, where you have a waist belt and separate bags for your gear http://store.lowepro.com/modular

I need a little more space and don't want to go with modular. I'm looking at the Tamrac ultra pro 13. Any thoughts?

I don't know I don't really care how heavy it is I shoot mostly birds so there's not much moving and I really want a laptop spot

I don't know I don't really care how heavy it is I shoot mostly birds so there's not much moving and I really want a laptop spot

I tried a thinktank urban disguise which could take a d7000 gripped, a few lens and a small laptop. All fitted nicely but very heavy. I find a backpack much easier to carry, a shoulder bag can get quite heavy with all the weight on one shoulder. I currently use either a lowepro flip side 400 or a thinktank airport commuter bag.

When you say 2-3 lenses what size are we talking?

Ones a 70-300 which is about 8in
A 18-70 which is probably 6in
And I'll be buying a sigma 150-500 which is 10in

Hi Jason,

I have been looking at the Lowepro Sligshot. It has a great design and you can access your camera when on the move without taking the back pack off. Have a look at their web site. They do one Sling Shot 302?? I think that will take a Laptop up to around 15"

May be a bit out on the sizes so please accept my apologies

Hello Jason

If your MBP is a 13 inch model, I would have no hesitation in recommending the Think Tank UD35 V2.0. It will take your gripped body mounted with the 70-300, hood reversed. There's ample space for two lenses and a flash too and the MBP can go into the rear compartment. It occupies a small footprint too but therein lies a dichotomy at least IMHO. The bag will get heavy because of the concentration of weight onto a smaller area. However if that is not a consequence and you are happy to buy new at $9.75 more, I would say the UD35 would meet all your needs, MBP size being as stated. You can also look at Amazon for ' used - like new ' items and depending on their condition, could represent excellent value.

Last edited:
Ones a 70-300 which is about 8in
A 18-70 which is probably 6in
And I'll be buying a sigma 150-500 which is 10in

With those 3 lenses, camera and mpb what weight are you looking at carrying in a shoulder bag? I would probably recommend a shoulder bag if you are looking at over 5-6kg. I took 2 cameras, 300f4, 70-300vr and a12-24 f4 to Spain with an iPad and I was glad I put it in a backpack as it was nearly 9kg in total. A shoulder bag killed my shoulder focus at nec and I only had one camera, a 70-200 f2.8 and a 18-70 in it for the day.

Sorry had computer problems ended up buying the tarmac ultra pro 13 and I love it holds all my crap and laptop its great for nature photography. It gets heavy but its not to bad unless your walking for 2 hours. But from the car to stand or blind its great. Thanks for all the advice!

Back