Camera Bags ?

• Thread starter paul cull-pearce
  • Start date
P

paul cull-pearce

Ok Guys,

What camera bags do you use ???

For 18 months I have been using the Newswear Chest Vest !

01620DIGITAL20CHESTVEST20BLACK200.jpg

Its great ! (y) You can carry all your gear, lenses and even a camera body. Without no problems !
Without carrying a heavy camera bag around all day ! :puke: :crying:

Thanks,

Paul

I have the slingshot, its a great concept, but I cant fit any of my larger lenses in it so it retains its practicality :(
Great features, great bag...

I have the Tamrac Expedition 5, which is a great backpack. This time last year, my kit was rattling around in it looking a little lost... now it's full to capacity :eek:

Use a Crumpler Geekstar - after much questioning on these boards I was finally convinced that it could fit a comfortable amount of stuff.

At the moment its holding:

Canon 350D + Battery Grip
Canon 50mm f1.8
Canon 85mm f1.8
Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS L
Canon 1.4x Extender II
Canon EF-S 18-50mm f3.5-5.6
Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX
Canon 580EX Speedlite
Plus some lens clothes, spare batteries, spare caps, StoFen, memory cards.

:D

Have a Canon lump of a bag which is handy for getting rid of bodies hoarrrhoaaarrrrrr :naughty: and a lowepro minitrekker. Both good for their job.

I have ..

The Lowepro AW Mini Trecker. Great bag.. loads of room comfortable to wear, but a bit of a pain to get at your kit.

A huge old Tamrac reporter type shoulder bag which easily holds 2 complete SLR systems or medium format systems. I used it for wedding work. Roomy bag, but big and heavy. I hate carrying it on my shoulder for any length of time, although it's much easier to get at gear for lens changes etc.

And I'll very shortly be picking up a Lowepro 600W Long Lens Bag to hold the 500mm, as it's the only safe way to cart the lens around without knocking it about.

So as well as deciding which body and which lenses to take.. it's which bag as well! :puke:

KATA R-103 - great bag. Carries al my kit

For short-ish days with a minimal amount of kit, a Loewpro Orien Trekker. Cracking bag, room for the camera, nifty, 70-30mm & the tamron wide angle in the bottom section if carefully packed, and a nice bit of space in the top section for other odds and sods.
For longer days or when I want more kit with me (probably more often now I'm getting the 70-200) then it's a loewpro Mini trekker AW. Wonderful bag, with it's only downside being that it's starting weight is quite heavy, so loaded it turns into a sack of bricks!

For days out in the middle of nowhere a Lowepro Orion Trekker and for local stuff it goes into a Lowepro Nova 3AW.

I also have a bag for the tripod so it is easy to sling over my shoulder. :)

On a hike it's usually a Tamrac Expidition 5 or Lowepro Nature Trekker AW II........a quick trip out and it's a Lowepro Toploader.

Couple of bags here as well,

Tamrac Cyberpack 8 which is huge and holds everything with no fuss.

For day to day stuff a Lowepro Nova 5 AW shoulder bag. It's surprisingly spacious for the size of it and quicker than working from the backpack as well.

I have two bags (Lowepro). The Compurover AW backpack and the Slingshot 100 AW. The Slingshot I am using for day trips while the Compurover is mainly for carrying onboard flights with my laptop. :) I think I might have to bring the Slingshot with me on trips as well as the Compurover is too big to lug around and not as easily accessible as the Slingshot.

Just the Lidl bag, though it has not been out with me yet. Instead I use either some Sainsbury's carrier bags, a cheap tiny unpadded messenger type bag I once bought on holiday, or most likely a combination of the two. Lens get wrapped in Tesco carrier bags for protection.

Michael.

Heres some photos of the bag I use to hold my camera stuff:

Crumpler Geekstar (Black)

GK-01web.jpg

GK-02web.jpg

GK-04web.jpg

GK-03web.jpg

Whats in the bag is listed up the page in my earlier post (y)

Latest layout of my Kata R-103..

118293697-L.jpg

Lowepro Computrekker AW Plus

This holds my 350D with 17-85 IS and grip,
20D with 70-200 f/2,8 IS and grip,
2x 580EX,
10-22mm EF-S,
60mm EF-S,
WT-E2 Flash transmitter,
Remote switch,
Truckloads of CF's
Three Uniross penlight chargers with a truckload of penlights,
Some filters,
2X Converter and a few more little items I might have overlooked...Ahh yes my 15 inch laptop and.....

Also have the Lowepro Slingshot 200 for light travelling...Great bag but the 100 is just not suitable for anything bigger than a small POS with an extra card:naughty:

crumpler brians hot tub

containing
20D
sigma 70-300mm + hood
sigma 18-50 +hood
canon 50mm f1.8
canon 85mm f1.8
canon Eos5
polarising filters for all the above in cases
canon 580EX
canon 430EX
batterys
film (!)
memory cards
maps
bottle of water
books
laptop

and for the days i dont need to carry everything
crumpler love15

When I was using film cameras; my bag was a hernia looking for somewhere to happen. I swore I was not going down that road again; the size of the bag actually stopped me going out some days. With digital I just keep my D70 + 18-70 in a Tamrac holster style case over my shoulder, plus 70-300 in its case in my Berghaus Free Flow III 35+8 Rucksack. I put my monopod in the axe loop, I don’t intend to buy more than perhaps one more lens; keep it minimal is my motto these days.

Tamrac System 6 shoulder bag and the backpack from Lidl

A lovely Nikon bag given to me by the legendary Ven, which looks similar to Warspite's.

Will take photos of it tomorrow :)

I just got back from Paris over the Holidays and I carried a Tamrac 5549.No Problems with customs,Plane or carring it around.I had Canon Rebel,16-35,24-70, I00-400 and put my Trypod Monfrotto 3405b with 390head in my clothing Bag.When I went out to take pic's I strapped Trypod to bag with Velcro straps. Good Luck in Your Choice and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.....

Bought a Lowepro Slingshot 200 AW for first outing to Cambodia in Nov 06. Very useful for getting all my kit as carry on to the flight and managed to fit in Nikon D70s, Nikon 35-70 lens, Nikon 80-200 lens, plus spare battery, cards, filters and hoods etc.

However, especially with heavy kit while out photographing, it does have all of the weight on one shoulder which is quite tiring. As per earlier comment, not sure it's really fit for a large lens, I found it difficult to organise internally to keep the kit fairly well protected.

Plus points are easy access with the slingshot, all weather protection and stores a fair amount of equipment.

Jas

5706646A64UC186212X.jpg

£24.99 from Argos :LOL:

It holds:
Kodak Z740
Set of macro lenses
UV filter
Diffuser filter
Polarizer
wipes
mini tripod
extender rings
batteries
memory cards.

Still a tiny bit more room in it, but I don't want it for much longer. I have my sights set on a Cannon 350d or 400d, and that will be the perfect excuse to get a bigger, better bag ;)

Lowepro Trekker AW:

D50
Sigma 50-500
Nikkor 50mm f1.8
Nikkor 18-70 DX

Still has enough room for another camera body and 4 smaller or 3 moderate size lenses. Then space for a shed load of filters and other spares in the front zip pouch.

Can be bought for ~£70. Bargain IMO. Very comfortable as well.

Back