camera body for tamron 150-600

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All, am thinking of a second camera body to use with my Tamron 150-600. Something on the lines of a Nikon D7200.
I am currently using it on my D800; which I use with my other lenses for landscape photography. The D800 is ok but not
very forgiving with the Tamron. Also going DX would also give me a bit further reach. Anyone using the combo D7200/Tamron 150-600
would like to hear your thoughts on this.

I use that combo and it works for me David

This is a sooc jpeg ( I don't shoot raw) not even cropped, as you can see if you're a good at pp then the finished result should be ok

TOM_3732 by Thomas Reid, on Flickr

Thanks Tom24. Ideally people will say the D500; but I think its overkill just for one lens. As long as it focuses quick
the d7200 seems the next best body.

It's a great camera, esp' at the price, I hope to get a d500 but i'll be waiting at least another year and getting a good used copy

great image lovely little bird

Not sure the D7200 would help TBH. I don't believe the D7200 is any less forgiving as has a similar pixel density, and the D800 cropped would probably look better than the D7200. The only advantage of the D7200 IMO would be easier framing due to the 'extra reach' of the viewfinder.

Back