Camera Carnage !

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,

Was bored this morning, had a 300D that I'd been meaning to put on ebay, but thought what the heck I'll take the IR blocking filter out and have a bash at some infra red work, so out with the tool box and the camera's soom in bits :LOL::wacky: , 2 hours later it's back together and it works ! :woot:, nice pinky images though the focus at low apertures seems to be off (I guess this is down to the IR filter now being out).

So will have to have a surf around the interent and find out what I do next.

Does anyone on here shoot using a modified (ie filter less) camera, if so any hints or tips would be most appreciated.

Alan

cc.jpg

If I tried that, I`d have a wonderful collection of pieces left over when I tried to reassemble it!

And somehow I doubt it`d work either!

LOL, actually I have got 2 screws left over !, but I know where they are from and as the camera's working fine I'll leave them out for now !.

Alan

I did that to a laptop the other day at work. I put it all back together and it worked fine but I had two screws left over but there was no where for them to go! :thinking:

I did that to a laptop the other day at work. I put it all back together and it worked fine but I had two screws left over but there was no where for them to go! :thinking:

Same with cars and bikes, the makers always seem to use more nuts and bolts than necessary :LOL:

Re the ir, get a R72 filter if you want to cut out "normal" daylight and back focus a little as the ir focus point is different.

:DToo fiddely a job for me, my fingers dont seem to do what i tell them.

GAELICSTORM7 that's something I've been meaning to do with my 300D but I thought you had to replace the ir blocking filter with a neutral one, did you just remove the first and leave it at that and doesn't that expose the actual sensor to dust etc?

Thanks again for the comments guys, Steep, for now I've just taken the IR blocking filter out and left the ccd bare, not sure what to put over it or where to get it from ?, will have to do some more research, I've just been out and taken some photo's this morning and there all out of focus so I need to work out why ?, and I'm also a little puzzled as to how to process the images to get the IR look, or if I perhaps still need a filter of some sort to limit the visible part of the spectrum.

All good fun though, experimenting with my frankinstein camera !.

By the way the disassembly/reassembly of the camera is'nt too difficult the desoldering was abit of a worry bit it went fine the biggest pain was getting the filter out of it's holder.

Alan

You do need to block visible light with something like a hoya R72 for IR shots. looking at a couple of sites you need a plain glass replacement for the removed filter or things will be out of focus as you are finding.

Not seen one site that makes it all clear but this one has some relevant stuff

Jings crivvens, that Lifepixel site want $35.00 to post the new filter!

Back