Camera Cleaning Equipment (UPDATED: Has my dust gone?)

Okay, I'll look into it :)

Thanks!

P.s: I've taken a few photos and the marks do not seem to appear on any of the photos... maybe that's to do with the positioning of them?

If they are dust marks in the viewfinder they won't appear in the photos. Only mess on the sensor will appear in the photos.

You could argue about marks on the lens but they would show in the viewfinder but to a lesser degree owing to the full aperture view you have. 'Stopping down' will exacerbate the effect.

So Chuckles, are you saying that on a normal f/5.6 or f/8 the marks will not appear as much?

Most people that never clean the sensor think it is clean because they rarely go above f8 or f11. Dust particles would have to be quite large to show when the aperture is wide like f4 etc.

The dust is on a glass cover spaced a little above the sensor. With a wide aperture the light can come at angles and get behind the dust speck so there is little shadow. With a tiny hole like f22 the light comes from a point and will make strong shadows - which makes the dust obvious.

Thanks Robert,
By looking at my photos, i'd say there is at least one LARGE piece of crud on there... so a clean may be worth it.

Back