Camera Club Comp Submission Choosing Help

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all.
The camera club as and external judge comp coming up, we have to submit 2 images for tommorrow.
I was hoping maybe some of you good people may take a few mins and give me your choices from the images below I want to submit one of the dog photos
plus one of the feather images.
I have my choices but keep swapping so any guidence would be great.

Gaz
IMG_8150_canvas_ex_16x12.jpg

IMG_8220.jpg

IMG_8049.jpg

IMG_8066.jpg

Fragile_4_feathers.jpg

egg_feathers_2.jpg

I can see your dilemma with the dog photos. They are all beautiful. The pup is such a cutie and the whippet looks a real character. Of the eggs, I prefer the first. I like the shapes that the feathers at the back make and they give an extra layer of grey between the hard edge of the egg and the black background.
Now, back to the dogs. Of the three pup photos, I'm swaying towards the last in the basket. The basket gives it a little more interest but doesn't dominate the shot, also the ears are more in focus. However, I do like the shot of the adult dog because it's full of character. Don't know if that's helped much, but hope it's narrowed the field.
Are they your dogs. They are both just so sweet looking.

The pup in the basket - that is an ahhhrrr shot for sure (all 3 of them are) as per lynda as well, first egg shot - both well lit. Cracking photos hahahaha. Good luck with your club compo (y)

I can see your dilemma with the dog photos. They are all beautiful. The pup is such a cutie and the whippet looks a real character. Of the eggs, I prefer the first. I like the shapes that the feathers at the back make and they give an extra layer of grey between the hard edge of the egg and the black background.
Now, back to the dogs. Of the three pup photos, I'm swaying towards the last in the basket. The basket gives it a little more interest but doesn't dominate the shot, also the ears are more in focus. However, I do like the shot of the adult dog because it's full of character. Don't know if that's helped much, but hope it's narrowed the field.
Are they your dogs. They are both just so sweet looking.
Hi Lynda. Yes your reply helps a lot. To be honest I overlo ked the basket image really but it seems from these replies thet it has something.
The pup in the basket - that is an ahhhrrr shot for sure (all 3 of them are) as per lynda as well, first egg shot - both well lit. Cracking photos hahahaha. Good luck with your club compo (y)
Thanks Carl. Like the gag too :)
Well - speaking as a YPU Photographic Camera Club judge :)

4 & 5 - although its eyes look a little OTT on their PP which may cost you a mark

Good luck

Dave
Hi Dave. I will take a look at the eyes, the above image was sent for printing so I think I did sharpen a touch around the eyes.
The feathers image number 5 was my choice too. On the dogs I was swayed towards the adult dog, the only problem with that was the out of focus nose but I just loved the eyes and exspression. Looks like a Deer to me too :)

Thanks for taking the time out to comment.
Gaz

never know with judges but 3 and 6 for me, it can depend on what they like

I know exactly what your going through with chosing images for club competitions. Ive got the same dilhema coming up in a few weeks.

For me No 3 or No 4 and No 5

Thanks everyone for your input.
I went with the majority and chose 4 and 5

5 was held back and got 18 points.
4 Won with 20 points.

V pleased not the norm for me to win :)

Gaz

Thanks everyone for your input.
I went with the majority and chose 4 and 5

5 was held back and got 18 points.
4 Won with 20 points.

V pleased not the norm for me to win :)

Gaz

Congratulations on both marks well deserved too.

Not yet I've got to hand the prints in next Monday just going through my images.

A bit late I know but 4 and 5 are a bit special.
PS Can i have the whippet puppy

I was going to say 4, but I see it got 20 pts. Well done. Lovely pic.

I was going to say 4, but I see it got 20 pts. Well done. Lovely pic.
Thanks Carol. To be honest I did like that photo but it was not my favourite.If I had not posted here I would have chose 1. There again I can go with that next time out.

Gaz

Three and five for me.
That pup is adorable.

Three and five for me.
That pup is adorable.
Thanks Viv. Yes I was lucky to have such a subject for my first go at photographing a subject for someone else.

Gaz
Oh my god that pup is gorgeous! Nice shots
It's those blues eyes :)
Thanks for the kind words.

Gaz

Back