Camera cuts out when videoing.

Name
woldsweather
Edit My Images
Yes
I am using a Canon EOS700D and trying to video but the camera cuts out after a few seconds. I am aware that this can happen without a fast enough SD card but this card is Transcend 45 mb/s 300x Class 10 32 Gb ?

Will it record at a lower resolution? I have no idea.

Thats not a fast card, 45 mb/s is very slow for video, especially as thats the read speed, the write is likely slower.

You need a faster card.

Last edited:
agreed with the above, i dont video on DSLR but i do use drones and i would assume video is video, and pending the res, i need 90mb/s type speeds or i notice a stutter.

never had a full stop but im guessing my cards are close enough to handle it so it stutters rather than stopping

45Mb/s is a bit slow, 90 Mb/s is probably OK - depending on Codec

(45 and 90 mb/s are both glacial.)

700D specs are 330 MB/min which is obviously 44 Mb/s (with no audio).

Last edited:
Have now bought a Sandisk Extreme Pro 64 gb 95 mb/s 633x SDXC UHS-I card and it still cuts off.

Have you formatted the card in camera?

Just looked up your problem (google it) and it seems to be a common one throughout the Canon camera range. Suggestions were shoot at a lower ISO- shoot at a lower resolution- Or even down to a Faulty Card. I could not find a definitive solution. One reply from Canon was useless saying about max shooting time not about the problem.
Have read some,not all, to me it looks as if it is a fault that Canon won't admit to and know about it and done nothing as fix.

Last edited:
Has your camera got the latest firmware update? The latest is 1.1.5

So can you change the resolution on video? How?
I would imagine it's only 1080p at highest, that shouldn't be a problem even with your original card, but 720p is probably an option to try - and is still OKish for youtbe or whatever.

Back