camera flash

Edit My Images
No
came across a tog who had a on camera flash which was round rather than rectangle
also had magnetic filters as well , think he said it was as strong as some of the
studio flashes
can anyone tell me what make it might be as i would like to google it

Neither of those are any more powerful than a high end speed-light though - the Profoto holds 76Joules (or "Watt-seconds" ), and the Godox light is about the same. A Nikon SB900 holds about 70J, whereas a typical modern studio head will be 500-600J I know the Godox V1 has a straight flash tube, just like any other speedlight, and by the looks of the Profoto light's Fresnel lens, it also has a straight tube, but I can't see any confirmation of that. (The round Fresnel head for the AD200 *does* have a round tube in it btw ). Apart from a slightly more pleasing light pattern, a round head just takes up more room. There are plenty of magnetic doodads for both round and rectangular speedlights.

Last edited:
One benefit is from the li-ion battery that gives much faster recycle time so if you don’t already have a speed light with that it’s worth a look.

Back