Camera Help...

Edit My Images
No
I all , I have decided to take up photography and have come to ask you gurus for help. :D

Ok firstly I am an absolute newbie to photography.

I am looking for my first SLR and after speaking to a few peeps am looking getting the Canon Eos 400D as I am willing to spend about £400.:thinking:

What are your views on this any critics and advise will be great.

PS there is an XT and an XTI whats the difference ?

Thanking you all in advance!!! (y)

Xt is the 350D with a smaller screen and 8.2 mega pixels (i think) and the xti is the 400D both are great camera's others around your price range are the nikon D40 and D40x (maybe the D60) and olympus have the E410 and E510 and sony have the A200 and A300 they are all very similar cameras but if you want a large lens selection i would go for canon.

The 400D certaily fits in your price range. And is a great camera.There are a lot of people that have them here
There are also quite a few "upgrading" ( have upgraded) ( including me) to the 40D which is a couple of hundred up your budget limit.
The 400D is considered by some to be a "bit small" but I never felt that to be a problem
With large-ish hands, and a battery grip can be added for a bit more "bulk" should you desire
I don't think you will go far wrong with a 400D.
The best bet is to get down to a camera shop and have a play, see what you think, then if it suits you then trawl the net for the best possible price.
Have a wander around the for sale section here as well there are some nearly new bargains to be had as well from time to time.
HTH?

Don't buy on what people say.

Remember you will be holding it all day so try them and see which fit your hand best.

In my large mitts I have always had Nikon, Canon never felt quite right.

It's subjective but important, all of the cameras mentioned will take fine photos. Great photos come from the person holding the camera.

I could not agree more with the comment, from PsiFox, that feel is most important. All of the current DSLRs will produce good results and all have similar features.

I would however suggest that the main manufacturers systems (Canon Nikon and Pentax) are proberbly better as the range of lenses and accessories is better and cheaper.

Back