Camera insert for Osprey Stratos 24?

I went with the 34L and don't regret it. I use a BYOB 10 and it fits all my photography gear for landscape photography.

I have the Sony A7R4 with Tamron 28-200 + the 16-35GM lens (so 16 to 200mm covered) and circular filters, batteries, remote releases, wipes etc in the bag.

The BYOB 10 can have a strap attached and be used as a shoulder bag - which I use most frequently when just out and about + I can stick the BYOB 10 into a small camera rucksack if I am doing a short walk and want a few extra bits. The 34L Stratos comes in when I am doing a long walk.

I pack the bottom pocket with waterproof over trousers + coat and first aid pouch. Then a puffer jacket in the bottom of the main compartment. On top of that goes the BYOB 10. Then there is enough room for other bits as well. I can also mount a tripod easily to the side and have a pocket for a large water bottle. I also have things line a fold away matt for sitting on in the back compartment of the bag.

This is how the BYOB 10 looks when packed:
2022-06-04_01-20-33 by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Dave.

Last edited:
I used to use a byob 10 in an Osprey Talon 22, so I'm sure it will fit the Stratos and it's a great insert. I might have gone for one of the dslr inserts for the backpack but I also used it in a messenger bag, plus there's access to everything from the top, you've just got to decide how you layer your rucksack.

I would definatly go with the bigger option, my Talon is ok to fit a BYOB type thing , filters, sandwich with drinks in the side pockets. It will at a big push take waterproofs but not an extra layer or take off that layer you dont need.
I couldnt get the larger Talon to fit comfortably so had to go with a different bag im not so keen on. May have to try and sneek a visit to a shop while im at The Lakes in a couple of weeks.

Back