Camera insurance for traveling

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all.
I’m going traveling around aus and Asia in December for about 5months. I’m taking my 5dmkiv and selection of lens/kit and was wondering if anyone has use a insurance company that would cover my kit if damaged or stolen

Thanks In Advance
Carl

Edit My Images
No
Many threads about insurance here at TP

I can only suggest you talk to Aaduki. Though sounds like a special risk you need covered!

Hope you get sorted and have a wonderfully enjoyable safe trip :)

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I use Photoguard - and am about to submit my claim paperwork. I'm on a 9 month trip around Asia - and damaged a camera and lens in Thailand - had it repaired in Malaysia - and hopefully will now reclaim the relevant costs remotely once I email them all the forms... Their policy - although not as cheap as a short term policy - covers worldwide (excluding the USA) for up to 11 months and 29 days out of the country continuously. (You have to specify you want unlimited worldwide cover - not just the usual leaving for 30 days cover).

OP
OP
Carl Cox
Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
I use Photoguard - and am about to submit my claim paperwork. I'm on a 9 month trip around Asia - and damaged a camera and lens in Thailand - had it repaired in Malaysia - and hopefully will now reclaim the relevant costs remotely once I email them all the forms... Their policy - although not as cheap as a short term policy - covers worldwide (excluding the USA) for up to 11 months and 29 days out of the country continuously. (You have to specify you want unlimited worldwide cover - not just the usual leaving for 30 days cover).
Ok thanks I’ll have a look at them keep me updated how the claim goes. Also most my lens are more than 5 years old now with no receipts. But my camera body is new. Will they still insure old kit past a certain age?

Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok thanks I’ll have a look at them keep me updated how the claim goes. Also most my lens are more than 5 years old now with no receipts. But my camera body is new. Will they still insure old kit past a certain age?
It might be worth checking that "old" kit is still repairable, if not there may be little point in having it insured, depends if they would give you a cash settlement.
Tony (Kipax) on here had a bit of an issue in that respect I think.

Edit My Images
No
I just switched insurers after a ridiculous hike in the price from Hiscox. Saved a load of money and can take as much kit as I want out of the house. M+S Premier. I priced independent photography insurance and it was astronomical for the kit I have as an amateur. Good luck with your decision.

OP
OP
Carl Cox
Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
How did you get on with your claim ?