Camera Insurance recommendation please.

Huh? You can be bothered to chastise but not to offer the benefit of your experience? Wonder how y would feel if someone said to you google lens?

My limited amount of gear is on my house insurance (Barclays) - but there may be better options....?

A very successful businessman taught me econnaissance is never wasted.....

Don't think he chastised!
It's true there are many threads and it's unlikely that a search for 'insurance' wouldn't throw up more useful replies than starting another thread.
However, so as not to incur displeasure I will add CLIIK as being my choice for a great package at a reasonable price.

I use Aaduki. Never had to claim (touch wood) so far. However, for most 'general' camera use, household 'all risks' insurance is probably sufficient. Its only when you do specific types of photography or own bucket loads of kit your home insurance probably won't cover it all.

Last edited:
If you're doing it on home insurance, be aware the single item limit for away from home generally refers to all of the photographic kit you have, rather than just one specific part of it (same is usually true for anything that can be grouped under a single heading for insurance purposes). So you probably want to have a sensible limit of at least 2500 pounds once you start collecting bits of glass... Or go with a policy that lets you specify all the bits separately.

Last edited:
Another for cliik
Absolutely lovely fella, but might be aimed more at business users, not too sure, but if you talk to him, you'll be impressed with his service i'm sure

I've got Photoguard for both the wife and myself and the rates are fairly good. Not the cheapest but not the most expensive but good cover. I think Aaduki were the cheapest quote I got as a new insurance but the Photoguard was a renewal. Not had to make a claim, but those that have all say Photoguard are excellent.

Thanks for the replies guys. Always best to be safe and have something in place just incase of mishap.

Back