Camera jungle ?

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
What’s occurring just had a browse through there web site ,currently 20% off and there’s virtually no stock for sale I.e 2 MFT lens 1 Nikon camera looks like a closing down clear out to me ??

Hope they don't close down, bought a 16-35GM from them with 12 months warranty lol.
Well there's always section 75....

Maybe they are putting everything back under the Jessops banner like it used to be.

I too had the same email, wait until Saturday, bet there will be loads of stock for sale, just seems to me they are trying to offload some stuff that has sat around for ages.

Jessops and camera Jungle are the same company so if ones not doing well I would guess that the other is the same.

Fuji X100S for £280 is a pretty good deal

Virtually no stock of anything bar canon bodies ... looks extremely suspect to me

Accounts of both are poor.
I think Peter Jones runs them as a public service.....now that's unique;)

While Peter Jones might know a thing or two about businesses I think he got this one very wrong.

Virtually no stock of anything bar canon bodies ... looks extremely suspect to me

Same happened earlier this year, 20% off and ran down stock, I actually bought something from them at that point, no issues. I'm pretty sure it's one guy running it.

Same happened earlier this year, 20% off and ran down stock, I actually bought something from them at that point, no issues. I'm pretty sure it's one guy running it.

there's at least three people running it unless its the same person replying under 3 different names and email addresses.

I've bought from CJ a few times, always been pleased with the gear - only issue I had was after buying my X-H1, it was sent without the flash unit that was listed as included [as should be with most Fuji bodies] and the hot shoe cover and strap lugs were also missing. A quick email sorted it, they sent out the missing bits and for whatever reason added in an extra battery and strap! Camera itself was mint, with less than 1K clicks. I also bought a few lenses, chanced a Canon 85mm at one point that was listed as well used and only £160 plus %15 off - the lens that arrived was in very good condition IMO, excellent even. You just have to catch them at the right time, when there's both good stock and a good sale. Their default prices are higher than most, so I'd only buy when it's 20% off.

Looking at the site now, that is about the lowest amount of stock I've ever seen on there. Usually a bunch more in each section

Last edited:
I hope the Service from Camera Jungle is better than Jessops I ordered a Nikon D750 on 9 February and am still waiting. I ordered/ bought from them as they are not grey imports and thought the New Management needed supporting. I sent a email Monday and had we have issued a ticket so body will respond, all gone silent since.

I hope the Service from Camera Jungle is better than Jessops I ordered a Nikon D750 on 9 February and am still waiting. I ordered/ bought from them as they are not grey imports and thought the New Management needed supporting. I sent a email Monday and had we have issued a ticket so body will respond, all gone silent since.

You have been waiting for 5 months? o_O

I hope they haven't taken your money, there is absolutely no excuse for them taking that long. John Lewis have 10 in stock and could deliver you one before the weekend.

Last edited:

Should have bought grey

bought a few items from them in the past some o.k others not ,my impression is they take stuff in without checking it over and hope its o.k which in the case of a nikon 300mm f4 wasn't plus a couple of other bits . all returned and refunded but just a hassle .

Hi Black fox have bought grey from the US in the past but that was when the savings were phenomenal as I bought Nikon Refurb when they were not sold in the UK and paid the Duty on everything I purchased. I bought my first Digital SLR and lenses from there in the predigital age a renowned Nikon Seconds supplier from Amityville unfortunately they closed in November/December 19 or I would have looked there.

I picked up a 100-400 lens last year when they did a sale. There is a mint canon 200-400 on there with £1088 off using the code. That’s an impressive lens for £4.4k. That would be my ultimate lens if it wasn’t for all the weight!

I bought an Olympus 12-100 from CJ, didn't come with the hood as described.
One phone call later and got a refund of fifty quid, bought a genuine one on Ebay for thirty quid.

Also got an Olympus 75mm that had a hair inside it, went back and refund was processed in fairly quick time.

I looked on the sale but they have so little there now. I was hoping to improve my arsenal of lenses as want a good but cheaper Nikon 17-35mm f2.8 so I am covered from ultra wide to 210 with f2.8 as I have started taking a lot of evening shots of Sailing Vessels etc on the sea and close up in our local Marina.

Should have bought grey

Cases like that certainly don't encourage people to buy used national, when they can get new for as little. But I'm sure it's rare to be left waiting that long, I know I'd have bombarded them with a zillion calls and emails by now, even after a couple weeks.

I seem to be one of the lucky few who have had decent experience with CJ, bought the camera over a year ago from them at a very competitive price and it still looks good as new, never had any issues.

Wow, I would definitely not wait that long for a 750 that is taking the mick.

I agree I sent a email Monday and have not heard back, except a holding reply, I am really miffed as I'm an essential worker and photography is my release from the current pressures of work. Thanks for reinforcing my feeling that Jessops.com are not very Customer Focused.

I agree I sent a email Monday and have not heard back, except a holding reply, I am really miffed as I'm an essential worker and photography is my release from the current pressures of work. Thanks for reinforcing my feeling that Jessops.com are not very Customer Focused.

Have they taken payment? If not I'd abandon it and buy one elsewhere, simply not worth the stress. Plenty of UK camera stores have live stock levels on their websites.

Recently had a nightmare with them, over a week to get a delivery date, had to take to social media to get a response......I won't be using them again.

Flash20 isthe code

Yep and they have their usual stock listed again. Yesterday there was basically nothing on the site.

I ordered yesterday, got the 20% off and got delivery just after lunch today.

Back