Camera/Lens dealers Advertised vs Actual Stock?

Edit My Images
Yes
That's FOUR Nikon 70-200 VR lenses I have "purchased" now from various retailers who either say they have them in stock for immediate delivery or available in 3-8 days.

Do any of these companies, Calumet, Warehouseexpress etc actually keep lenses in stock or do they just try and obtain them once they have a definite order?

I'm getting a bit tired of the whole palaver, Calumet were the worst, stringing me along for three weeks, before finally claiming to have lost my order and therefore not being able to supply me. Then, when they eventually "found" the order they said the fault lay with Nikon :bang:

I could get one from PurelyGadgies, but the 18-month warranty suggests it's a gray market one, but for more than the advertised prices for UK ones on the other sites :thinking:

Does anyone know if there is likely to be a new version of this lens coming out soon, or should I continue with this fruitless quest?

They'll start to become available after the Olympics. At present Nikon is shipping all its output to Beijing.

They'll start to become available after the Olympics. At present Nikon is shipping all its output to Beijing.

I'd heard that :( Just out of interest, Stewart, would a week's hire from you cover a Sunday to Sunday or would that be eight days?

Have you tried grays of westminster,i got mine from there 2nd hand,1 year warranty,next day delivery.Looking on their site now they have 5 advertised from 1049-1445 (two in grey-rare apparently).

Back