camera mount movement

Edit My Images
No
Hello,

My Sigma 120-300mm has a slight movement in the section that mounts to the camera. It moves about 1mm circular and maybe .25 forwards and back. Is this a concern? Is there a screw somewhere that just needs tightening or does it need a service with Sigma? If so, does anyone know how much it will cost?

Cheers. :)

Hello,

My Sigma 120-300mm has a slight movement in the section that mounts to the camera. It moves about 1mm circular and maybe .25 forwards and back. Is this a concern? Is there a screw somewhere that just needs tightening or does it need a service with Sigma? If so, does anyone know how much it will cost?

Cheers. :)

try giving the screws a tightening up at the back of the lens as the might have worked lose

None of the screws are lose. Would it be a disaster if I unscrew the mount and take it apart?

My Sigma 150-500 had a fair amount of movement in it, but always worked fine, replaced it with a 100-400L and that still has a bit of circular movement, I just put it down to more play in bigger heavier lens. may be wrong, but has not affected IQ

all the big lenses have movement in them it's not unusual, just make sure you don't put the camera round your neck and let all the weight hang on the mount, use the lens strap

all the big lenses have movement in them it's not unusual, just make sure you don't put the camera round your neck and let all the weight hang on the mount, use the lens strap

so the .25 - .5mm movement forward and back from the body is okay?

I don't think my neck will take the weight of a 120-300mm lens! its always been held by the lens handle.

Back