Camera not taking photos - 60D help

Edit My Images
No
I have a Canon 60D which has been fine until I pick it up today and it won't take a photo. Pressing the button makes a single click and then nothing. Almost like its set for several seconds and then it will eventually close the shutter again, except it doesnt.

In live mode it works fine, out of live mode it doesn't.

Anyone know whats happening and what to do about it?

shutters gone..
I ahve had lots of shutters go on me and thats exactly what its like.. cllick.. nothing.. then unclick

Sounds like you've got mirror lock up set... It will be somewhere in the custom functions.
Checked it and its not set. Plus I've used it a lot recently and not had it set

The last time I used it though it was in bulb mode. Not sure if that should make a difference, but it won't shoot in any mode apart from live mode

i nearly cried when out on a job.. only had the 1dx a month and i thought the shutter had gone... click-pause-unlick .... I had accidently put it into timer mode... thats the only other time it does that.. shutter gone or timer mode............

Just done a factory reset which solved it. Very strange though. It was acting like it was in mirror lock up mode, yet it wasn't set. Hope it was just a gremlin

Back