Beginner Camera on a budget of £500

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
OK, so another newbie 'what's the best camera for my miserly budget' thread!

I am lucky enough to live far enough north to get fantastic views of noctilucent clouds. If you've never seen or photographed them, you're missing out.

My Huawei psmart 2019 does an OK job of photographing them on star trail mode, but this season's cloud displays have been so good it's inspired me to spend a few hundred quid on something better.

So my main priority at the moment is shooting in low light. I would also really like an inbuilt time lapse function. With this in mind I've been looking at the canon 200d and 750d.

The time lapse mode on these seems to be part of the video mode.

Question is, can you adjust the light settings in time lapse mode on these cameras to make the most of the low light? Would these cameras (or any others on this budget) be noticeably better than my smart phone?

I'm also happy to look at the 2nd hand market.

Please now overload me with advice and opinions!

Maybe look at something from the Fuji range like the X-T1 or 2
They are very good in low light and seem to recall they have a built in time lapse function

You can get aftermarket shutter releases for Canons with built in intervalometers which would give you a time lapse function. Canon official one retails for about £ 110 but there are aftermarket versions for about 1/10th of that from Amazon or eBay.

Back