Camera Raw 3.7 Plugin Not Working

Boo

Edit My Images
Yes
I've downloaded Camera Raw 3.7 update plugin for PSE 4, followed the instructions to install it but when I go to open a RAW file it comes up with:

Cannot open 'F:\DCIM\101ND200\DSC_0001.NEF' because it is the wrong type of file.

Can anyone enlighten me? :thinking:

Thanks

Have you done

To install with Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0:

1. Exit Photoshop Elements.
2. Open My Computer.
3. Double-click Local Disk (C:).
4. Navigate to: (Please read directory carefully)

Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 4.0\Plug-Ins\File Formats

5. Move the existing Camera Raw.8bi plug-in to another location (for example, a new folder on your desktop). Ensure you keep this version in case you need to revert back.

6. Copy the Camera Raw plug-in, Camera Raw.8bi, from the download into the same folder as in Step 4.

7. Launch Photoshop Elements.

slightly different for elements 4_To install with Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0:

1. Exit Photoshop Elements and Adobe Bridge
2. Open the Finder
3. Navigate to the root of the local disk (not the user's home folder).
4. Navigate to: (Please read directory carefully)

Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CS2/File Formats

5. Move the existing plug-in to another location (for example, a new folder on your desktop). Ensure you keep this version in case you need to revert back.
6. Copy the Camera Raw plug-in, Camera Raw, from the download into the same folder as in Step 4.
7. Launch Photoshop Elements or Adobe Bridge.
hope this helps.

Not sure I understand this one, but where is the Finder and how do I acess the rest of it?

Sorry to be a pain :(

I don't want to pester, but I'm just bumping this up one last time incase anyone can help. (y)

Back to the drawing board if not :thinking:

Just a thought, and I haven't checked this btw.

But does elements 4 support cameraRAW 3.7?

and does CameraRAW3.7 support the d200?

I don;t when the update came out and if it was before the d200 etc.

Might be worth a looksee.

Failing that, download the captureNX2 trial version from nikon for 60 day free trial.

It's a bit slow but once you've worked it out the output you'll get is way beyond anything adobe's camera raw produces.

Or as a last resort try uninstalling elements and re-installing evrything.

Well I've tried installing version 4.4.1 which says its compatible with PSE 4 but when I try to open a RAW file it says its not. :razz:

Am going to give it up as a bad job and find a stand alone RAW editor. Too much time faffing when I could be taking pictures :bang:

Thanks for the help. Sorry I couldn't make it work :cautious:

Right.... now to check out some RAW editors.... :thinking: no good taking pikkies if I've not got one eh!

shoot jpeg for a bit(y)

I'd suggest converting one of the nefs you have to dng and try to open it in Elements 4 with ACR 3.7 installed. Perhaps you could also try downloading it again (ACR 3.7 and the latest DNG converter).

Your a star Slapo! Just did what you suggesed and bob's your uncle a raw editor has opened up with my RAW image :clap::clap::clap: It was driving me nuts not being able to sort it!

Now.... I've got to grasp the whole concept of RAW and how to process it lol :eek: Oh well you live and learn, in the mean time I'll start shooting in RAW anyway as I think you automatically get a jpeg recorded at the same time. :naughty:

You're welcome :)
I'd still try RawTherapee if you want to play with raws. It has more options than the ACR for Photoshop Elements, if I remember it well.
It has, for example, an excellent highlight recovery feature that I've used a couple of times and it beats what ViewNX can do sometimes.

Back