Camera repairs in the UK

Edit My Images
No
I am looking to get a Konica s2auto camera repaired, anyone know of a reputable service, I don't even know if there are spares available for cameras that are from 70s and older. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Looks like this is a film camera?
Maybe a move to 'Talk Film & Conventional' would get a better response. :)

Also one though it escapes as to the website & name in the Kent area......???

Threads about repairs seem to have come up a lot of late, maybe we need a "sticky" at the top of the Equipment thread ~ just saying ;)

Miles Whitehead is my go to man, he can usually get parts for most older cameras.

Although Miles is the go to guy for many in the F&C section and would no doubt do his best to get your Konica up and running again, unless it has sentimental value the cost of a basic CLA+postage there and back will make it uneconomic to repair. If you’re really set on the S2 I would suggest you keep it as a paperweight and source another that is confirmed as in full working condition.

Although Miles is the go to guy for many in the F&C section and would no doubt do his best to get your Konica up and running again, unless it has sentimental value the cost of a basic CLA+postage there and back will make it uneconomic to repair. If you’re really set on the S2 I would suggest you keep it as a paperweight and source another that is confirmed as in full working condition.

:agree:

All that is wrong is the film advance lever is stuck at the furthest point in the advance position,so I did not want to force it, so it may be an easy repair, if there is such a thing on these older cameras. Thankyou for all your responses Inwill check them all out. Cheers.

All that is wrong is the film advance lever is stuck at the furthest point in the advance position,so I did not want to force it, so it may be an easy repair, if there is such a thing on these older cameras. Thankyou for all your responses Inwill check them all out. Cheers.
It may well be an easy repair and I suggest you have a go yourself, the worst that can happen is that you don't manage to fix it. Any pro repair shop will have a minimum basic charge which is likely to outweigh its value.

To All Valued Customers of "Konica", "Minolta" and "Konica Minolta" brands:

Konica Minolta Photo Imaging would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support in the past. However, please note effective of the 1st of April 2006 we will no longer be providing the service and repair of “Konica”, ”Minolta” and “Konica Minolta” cameras.

link may help

http://feuerbacher.net/photo/repair/KonicaAutoS2/KonicaAutoS2.html

Thank you to all of you, I have some time over the week end to do the research, and make some calls and send emails to above repairers, I love this camera and I am not goin to give up hope just yet,
So to all, much appreciated thanks.

Back