camera strap for a bad back ?

Name
Ed
Edit My Images
No
Can anyone recommend a camera strap for a bad back ?
I'm thinking that something like a black rapid sling might be better than the regular around the neck one as the camera weight may be better distributed,
but appreciate others thoughts on this
thanks

I use a shoulder harness I bought from London Camera Exchange. I do not know the make but but it was their cheapest one.

The Black Rapid works well if you're happy with the way it attaches to your camera. I couldn't get on with it so bought the Peak Design Slide - I prefer this as it's easy to change to the wrist strap if I want. I use it from a wheelchair though, so it may be different for you.

I'd suggest trying both if you can - I'd offer you a look at mine, but although a Londoner, I don't live there any more.

Peak design slide, the camera doesn't move around anywhere near as much on this compared to the black rapid.

Can anyone recommend a camera strap for a bad back ?
I'm thinking that something like a black rapid sling might be better than the regular around the neck one as the camera weight may be better distributed,
but appreciate others thoughts on this
thanks

Have you thought about a cotton carrier chest harness for carrying. I bought one this week and have to say although it is early days I am impressed with it. Takes the weight and also allows me to take my two dogs out and still have the camera handy to take shots instantly.

I have both, if you have a back issue the Black Rapid has the edge, a lot of it is down to the camera/ lens combo. I have the 70-200 on the Black Rapid and the 24-70 on the Peak.

Re mount on Black Rapid, get the rubber fixing not the metal one.

Back