Camera strap for walking

Name
Dave Pickett
Edit My Images
Yes
I walk our dog daily and constantly look for new places to explore, and generally take my camera. I'm finding the neck strap isn't ideal, can someone recommend a suitable alternative that's comfortable to walk with?

On the odd occasion I photograph small events and use two cameras with different lenses, again can anyone suggest a better alternative to a neck strap for two cameras?

Hi

For a single camera have a look at the peak design slide, for two look for one of the black rapids straps.

SpiderPro Camera Holster 100%. I've got several different straps and found this belt option so much more comfortable. I have used it with my 1DX + 70-200 2.8. Work a treat. Fantastic with my XT2. You would need a belt, any decent belt will work, a clip and a pin. Usually sold all together. I bought my setup secondhand for around £35.

I use a Black Rapid with Canon 7dii & 500mm f/4 comfortably[emoji106]

Black rapid are good but out with the dog I prefer a lowepro toploader with a chest harness ....takes a 1DX and 70-200 lens and keeps the camera secure when you are bending over to pick up any mess.....with a strap theres a danger of the camera hitting the floor......

The only strap I ever like, besides wrist straps, was the Black Rapid sport. It was comfortable enough, and you can just let the camera hang by your hip, when you want to take a shot you can do it easily one handed, just grab and slide it up to eye level - take your shot, and pretty much just drop it back down. No problem with any size or weight combination of body + lens, and zero strain on the neck, your shoulder and hip take that on.

I’ve tried both Black rapid and PD. I prefer the PD. More comfortable for me.

another vote for the joby and quick and easy to shorten it to fasten it back somewhat so not swinging in your way etc and quick release to full length.

Another user of the Capture Clip. I’ve dabbled with many over the years including Black Rapid and Spider Holster and what I didn’t like was either the camera swinging around with the BR or the additional bulk of the Spider Pro. What I like about the Capture is that I can wear on a belt or more often than not on the strap of a rucksack

I've used a couple of Black Rapid straps. Originally an RS7 which I've now given to my daughter. More recently, I've bought a Sport and like the fact that there is an additional under arm strap which (mainly) stops my camera from swinging around.
I have used my straps mainly to carry a Canon 80D and Canon 70-300L around Silverstone.
Am keen to try the Capture Clip but haven't got round to it yet.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Buying anything these days is a nightmare, everything you look at has so much choice!!!!!

Back