Camera Strap Recommendations?

Name
Sarb
Edit My Images
No
Hello :)

I'm looking to replace my standard Canon strap with another, more comfortable one...I'd prefer something that I can wear cross-body...something female-friendly!! ;)

Not too fussed about it having pockets or 'attachments' to store things in - the main thing is comfort and security (for the camera).

Any suggestions most welcome!

Optech Pro straps are very comfortable, in my opinion the best one being the classic with a slightly narrower strap.

However only having rather impressive moobs I'm not sure how I can comment on the real thing as to wearing a strap.

:D

Optech or Lowepro.

Optech, while being excellent neck straps, aren't that good for wearing across the body. I'd recommend a BlackRapid strap, or one of its Ebay knock-offs.

BlackRapid or the Q Strap from fleebay. Both comfortable but take a little getting use to.

Ian

black rapid make some very good straps...google / youtube and you'll see they generally get rave reviews

I have the blackrapid strap... Can't fault it on comfort!! Even when carrying a 5dII and 70-200 it still feels comfortable!

Saw a review recently for a female friendly version of the Black Rapid to take into account the differing upper body contours

Blackrapid straps are very comfortable and secure, and they also make a women's version which will probably suit you well :)

I have tried almost every camera strap out there and just didnt like any :bang::bang:. Lots of people recommended the Black Rapid strap so I decided to check it out, at first I wasn t sure I could spend more than £50 on a camera strap but decided to give it a go and now I just cant live without it. %1000 recommended :clap:(y):clap:.

Bought a Black Rapid RS-4 recently and it seems very good, the only downside is having to unscrew it to use the tripod unless you happen to have a Manfrotto 200PL14 quick release as they do an adapter for that.

Bought a blackrapid rs sport. Tested it yesterday on a 6 mile hike. Brilliant bit of kit.

I'd recommend blackrapid mine arrived yesterday and I already love it.:D I wasn't sure about spending that much on a strap at first but it's worth it. I only got one as I found one for about £45 with a fastenr 3 included from hawks photo video.

Last edited:
I use the SunSniper Steel strap, haven't had a problem at all with it.

I recently switched to the Black Rapid RS-7 (via Amazon) when I had originally been using a standard Optech strap. Really happy with it - feels a lot safer than an 'ordinary' strap, even with a 100-400mm attached..

Three small caveats though - I usually place the strap over my right shoulder so the camera/lens is resting on my left hip. Anything in my left trouser pocket (such as iPhone) will get in the way/bumped so a good idea (for me at least - I'm 6' 4") is not to keep anything 'bulky' in trouser pocket!
Also - I found it useful (but expensive) to invest in additional fasteners to enable rapid exchange of lenses rather than unscrewing the fastener and reapplying. Hence for instance a fastener is permanently attached to the tripod mount on the 100-400mm and also to the tripod mount on the 7D - for when a shorter lens is employed. Make sure though that the fastener is secure/tight, by wetting it first (licking!) so that it doesn't unscrew itself through vibration.
With a large lens attached and sitting on the hip there is a danger of the lens hood being scratched by bushes/shrubs etc; hence the need to be aware/take preventative measures such as swinging the camera/lens out of harms way.

Another vote for the Black Rapid. I've got an RS-7 and it's brilliant even with my Sigma 150-500 on it. They do a version that's designed for female use too :)

I have the RS-7 as well :cool: love it, very comfortable (y)

Back