Camera Strap

Could be if the price is right, they offer a 30 day money back so you could get it for a bargain price try it out & if its no good return it ...

Looks interesting thou, might even bid on it myself :bonk:

edit: Just seen the buy it now price..... £24.99 + £2.50....

That style of strap is very good. I much prefer them (y) That's similar to the R-Strap, which costs £60 for some crazy reason. And I bought one, which is even more crazy :D

I got a r strap copy from eBay from bonds camera in hong kong, same thing as above but with padded strap. It's going for £29.99 but there is a best offer option which I put a cheeky £18 bid in and had it accepted, just waiting for delivery but it can't be that bad at £18 delivered.

I got a r strap copy from eBay from bonds camera in hong kong, same thing as above but with padded strap. It's going for £29.99 but there is a best offer option which I put a cheeky £18 bid in and had it accepted, just waiting for delivery but it can't be that bad at £18 delivered.

I just purchased one of these as well... :)

The downside being that he rejected my £20 offer last week so I've paid £25 :crying: :bonk: , but at least I saved on the advertised price of £29.99.

I hope it works as I've really had enough with the Op/Tech - don't get me wrong it is a good strap, but too short so the camera was always in the way.

I'm bidding on the Q strap but someone keeps beating me. There is a but it now price of £24.99 do you think it's worth that and will it fit my 400D?

Mand x

I'm bidding on the Q strap but someone keeps beating me. There is a but it now price of £24.99 do you think it's worth that and will it fit my 400D?

Mand x

Considering it's only £24.99 Buy It Now, stop bidding and wait to see if more come up for sale. In fact, I just looked so if you click on 'See other items' there are more for sale!

Mand x

What gets me is that people will out bid the BIN price - :shrug: Why when you can but it now...

Email the seller an ask, I'd imagine that it would do as it looks as thou its a Canon in the picture... Not only that he doesn't state that its for a specific camera... Plus they offer "30 day money back"...

What gets me is that people will out bid the BIN price - :shrug: Why when you can but it now...

Email the seller an ask, I'd imagine that it would do as it looks as thou its a Canon in the picture... Not only that he doesn't state that its for a specific camera... Plus they offer "30 day money back"...

Steve,
OP hasn't gone over the BIN price, just asking if it's worth bidding anymore than already has. If you go to the other sales seller has, it is listed as a BIN already.
Mandy,
just wait until near the end of auction and see what it gets to, don't start a bidding war yet! There are others for sale in his listings!

Steve,
OP hasn't gone over the BIN price, just asking if it's worth bidding anymore than already has. If you go to the other sales seller has, it is listed as a BIN already....

I know, what I was saying was that most people will bid over a BIN price when there is one for sale that you can have for a "buy it now" price.... Hope that explains it better than what I tried to do earlier.... :bang: If not I'll just get my :coat: and make an :exit: :LOL:

I hope it works as I've really had enough with the Op/Tech - don't get me wrong it is a good strap, but too short so the camera was always in the way.

Have you seen these?

I have an Op/Tech strap too that I found too short. I had previously extended with some Uni Adaptor Loops (#9 System Connectors) so I could use it sling style across the shoulder.

Just spotted the Sling Adaptor while I was trying to find a reference for the extensions and have taken a punt on one at £12.

They attach via the tripod screw mounting point so fit any camera

Hope that explains it better than what I tried to do earlier.... :bang: If not I'll just get my :coat: and make an :exit: :LOL:

I hope it's not raining! :D

Have you seen these?

I have an Op/Tech strap too that I found too short. I had previously extended with some Uni Adaptor Loops (#9 System Connectors) so I could use it sling style across the shoulder.

Just spotted the Sling Adaptor while I was trying to find a reference for the extensions and have taken a punt on one at £12.

I don't think that will work so well, IMHO. It's better when the attachment point is underneath - keeps everything short and out of the way when the camera slides up.

Would the base plate mounting pose too much of a stress threat when using a battery grip?

Hi

My ex boyfriens got me a camera a while back but its never had a strap for some reason.

Is that why he is your EX-boyfriend, because he didn't buy you the strap? :D

I just purchased one of these as well... :)

The downside being that he rejected my £20 offer last week so I've paid £25 :crying: :bonk: , but at least I saved on the advertised price of £29.99.

Had my offer of £20 accepted.

Ha Ha lol Janice. He's my ex because his idea of fun is playing on a Wi for 12 hours with his mates! Anyway he let me keep the 400D, he probably got it cheap somewhere knowing him.

I'm bidding on a strap on the auction site so hope I win because it's really awkward taking pictures without a strap. If I can get it for £15 or so I'll be happy with that. There are more than one so I'm keeping an eye on it so if I loose the first one hopefully I'll win one of the others. Do you think I should do the Buy It Now thing?

Mand x

(Not to jump in before Janice gives her advice)

I'd say it depends on how long you're willing to wait...

I've noticed that they have been going for around £19.50 posted.. So for the sake of waiting & possibly getting outbid & £8 why not get it for the BIN price.... That way your guaranteed the strap...

Hi Steve

Thanks for that. They do seem to be popular straps so I might just take the plunge.

Mand x

Think your better off getting it at the BIN price - as if your like me-

1. I cant wait for the auction to end
2. I hate getting outbid within the last 3 seconds of an auction...

If you do get one let us know what its like as I might take the plunge & get one myself.... (y)

Its been sold.... So Mandy did you end up buying it for the BIN price in the end?

I don't think that will work so well, IMHO. It's better when the attachment point is underneath - keeps everything short and out of the way when the camera slides up.

The Op/Tech Sling adaptor arrived.

Basically it is an adjustable length of webbing which attaches to Op/Tech neck strap. There are two pro loop attachments (one male and one female) which slide along its length. There is also a 'stop' which can be moved along the webbing so the shoulder pad is forced to the right point when the camera is returned to waste level.

I've got them both attached to the left side of the camera (looking at the back), one on the normal top strap connection point and one on the left side of the Camdapter Plate. With the shoulder (nee neck) pad on the left shoulder, the camera hangs nicely at waste level on my right side with the grip in a very good position for quick uptake.

Overall, not bad at all for £12 if you have an Op/Tech neck strap strap to start with.

Hi

Been off the radar for a couple of days cus of work erg!

Anyway I went to the auction site to BIN and someone had BIN! I found another one at BIN and before I could BIN someone had made a bid. It's driving me mad!!!!

the only concern i have is the thin metal of the camera base plate might not be up to A bouncing camera when your walking around etc? A heavy body with a chunk of glass weighs a bit. The fitting was only designed to hold a none moving (as in bouncing ) camera.

Hi again

I have been looking at other straps but all seem so expensive why is that?

Mand x

Mand, why don't you try googling "just snipe" to make sure you get your ebay strap........

It sticks a bid in automatically about 5 secs before the auction closes, up to whatever limit you have set.

Maybe that's how people keep getting in before you?

Hi Steve

Is that fair? It seems to defeat the point of the auction. I'll have a look though (y)

Mand x

Hi

Just looked at just snipe and it is reccomended by some big names so it must be cosha right?

I think I'll give it a go cus I'm getting frustrated.

I never use snipe. I set up my bid on one Mac and view the bids on another. I have timed it to 7 seconds for a bid to be accepted using my mac and my ISP

some mates have also found its safer as different set ups take longer etc.

Mand, why don't you try googling "just snipe" to make sure you get your ebay strap........

It sticks a bid in automatically about 5 secs before the auction closes, up to whatever limit you have set.

Maybe that's how people keep getting in before you?

I've never heard of it, but just might give it ago at some stage...

I never use snipe. I set up my bid on one Mac and view the bids on another. I have timed it to 7 seconds for a bid to be accepted using my mac and my ISP

some mates have also found its safer as different set ups take longer etc.

My OH does it this way... :thinking: she use's my notebook as well... But still gets outbid :LOL:

just snipe is kosher, no spyware or viruses, but I do agree it doesn't seem fair, I've used it once or twice & always got the item I was after, ie a Canon zoom lens

(y)

btw any luck with that strap??

snipe is only as good as timing. i have a policy . i bid only once . if i lose i just wait until i win. I have only lost 3 times. Why people insist of bidding 20 + times i dont know !

The Op/Tech Sling adaptor arrived.

Basically it is an adjustable length of webbing which attaches to Op/Tech neck strap. There are two pro loop attachments (one male and one female) which slide along its length. There is also a 'stop' which can be moved along the webbing so the shoulder pad is forced to the right point when the camera is returned to waste level.

I've got them both attached to the left side of the camera (looking at the back), one on the normal top strap connection point and one on the left side of the Camdapter Plate. With the shoulder (nee neck) pad on the left shoulder, the camera hangs nicely at waste level on my right side with the grip in a very good position for quick uptake.

Overall, not bad at all for £12 if you have an Op/Tech neck strap strap to start with.

So, you've also got a Camdapter plate (http://www.camdapter.com/about.html Love the snakeskin jobbie :D ) and the camera hangs with the handgrip hanging down?

Have I got that right? How do you get on with the two sliders? I've got an OpTech strap, might be worth a punt for £12.

the only concern i have is the thin metal of the camera base plate might not be up to A bouncing camera when your walking around etc? A heavy body with a chunk of glass weighs a bit. The fitting was only designed to hold a none moving (as in bouncing ) camera.

It's not that thin - it'll take the weight of the camera body and a lens and get bounced around...trust me - it's a Nikon...

If the lens is going to be heavy enough to cause a problem, Nikon put the tripod mount on the lens...

(y)

Back