Camera Trap Experiments - New Pics added 16/1

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
I got myself a camera trap at Christmas and finally got round to leaving it out for a few nights to see what was around.

Here are (bits of!) the 4 animals / birds that walked past over the 3 days. My plan now is to try and work out the patterns of what happens with a view to introducing a hide and hopefully getting some proper pictures :D

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Bushnell stealth cam if Im not mistaken?

A Hide is a good idea make sure your downwind of approaching animals though or you wont see a thing-

look forward to your next set

Les(y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bushnell stealth cam if Im not mistaken?

A Hide is a good idea make sure your downwind of approaching animals though or you wont see a thing-

look forward to your next set

Les(y)

Yep, its a Bushnell stealth cam. I will post results as soon as I get them, although from the results so far, it looks like most of the things I'm interested in are active during the dark at this time of year.....might have to wait for more daylight, but at least that will give me time to work out the patterns of when things are around :)

These are great! Maybe you will capture a "big" Cat!

Interesting thread. I have also been toying with thidea of getting one of these.
I am thinking it might be the way to capture an Otter that has a liking for a section of ditch.

sawman said:
Interesting thread. I have also been toying with thidea of getting one of these.
I am thinking it might be the way to capture an Otter that has a liking for a section of ditch.

Yeh, Ive had it in the same place this week (going to bring it back tomorrow) but then I'm going to look for somewhere different to try. I'd love to see otters, spent a week on Shetland last year trying but didn't have any luck!

Looks very interesting wee gizmo.
Must be real like Xmas when you check it out.
Good luck with the hide.

Got the camera trap back after a week or so in the same location. Managed to get quite a few decent shots of the 4 same subjects (badgers, foxes, rabbits & pheasants). The foxes seemed much more active and the shots are a lot better.

Ha Ha #5
Is that the Bushnell "Call of nature" Stealth cam?

Good capture

Hmmm.. one of them things could be handy!

Good, quality shots. Do they take one shot or a series of shots when something moves past?

Its pretty configurable - it will either take 1 or a series of shots when its triggered, or it will shoot a video clip of pre-defined length. Not tried any video yet, so I'm not sure what the quality is like.

Shades of Gordon Buchanan et al , very nice to see and thanks for sharing :)

Oh but can I suggest you set the clock properly because at the moment it is especially wonderfull as it can see the future ;)

Haha - spent ages looking through them and I didnt even notice !!!! :bonk:

Wood & trees, eh!:wave:

Sorry if I missed it but where did you place the camera, as the location looks quite open rather than a woodland/wild area???

Wood & trees, eh!:wave:

Sorry if I missed it but where did you place the camera, as the location looks quite open rather than a woodland/wild area???

Its in some farm land on the outskirts of Manchester. Most of the pics I get are of the horse that lives in the field :D There are are few trees around, but the surrounding area is pretty much as you see it in the pics, with some moor land / heather / gorse close by.

Lovely. like the badgers and it seams you have a sent spot.

Not sure if you can but may be a little better a wee pit closer to were they are.

All fantastic love them (y)

If you are serious about camera traps, then you really need to look at these.... Click, I trialled one for a couple of days, excellent piece of kit and now have one on order.

No ties to the vendor at all.

Certainly looks like an interesting bit of kit, but the price-right out of my range:eek:

Back