Camera Travel Insurance?

Edit My Images
No
Hey guys.

I'm going to be working abroad in Canada for 3 months - I'm wanting to take my camera kit. It should consist of a 5D Mk II and a 17-40 f/4 L. Amongst other things like tripod/etc

I think the total value of the camera kit & laptop should come close to £4,500.

Does anyone know of a specific camera insurance company that I can use for this? As the insurance providers for myself won't cover anything over £1,250 for a single item.

Cheers guys!

p.s In my search I found a left handed camera!

http://www.eandl.co.uk/camera-insurance

main.jpg

I don't think E&L have the best reputation for paying up (what insurance companies do?) and I have found their customer service poor when dealing with them to sort problems - wanted to add some new lenses and they really didn't want to help and kept me holding for 25 mins!.

www.photoguard.co.uk seem a popular choice.

DB

I don't think E&L have the best reputation for paying up (what insurance companies do?) and I have found their customer service poor when dealing with them to sort problems - wanted to add some new lenses and they really didn't want to help and kept me holding for 25 mins!.

www.photoguard.co.uk seem a popular choice.

DB

Awesome.

They quoted £85 for the year, but that doesn't include my laptop (I think I'll get that with my personal insurance).

Does anyone know of a company that will insure on a per month basis? £85/Year Sounds good to me, but a little overkill if I'm only there for 3 months.

I was recently browsing the forum and these guys were mentioned, Adduki

They insure both camera and computer equipment and also offer monthly payments

Just out of curiosity, where in Canada you going to be?

Not a bad place to be I'd say! Lots of locations up and down the cost too, especially if you are into landscape and wildlife.

Back