Camera won't turn on

Edit My Images
Yes
Just bought a Canon EOS (first SLR....) to replace my old Fujifilm S5600. However, the Fujifilm S5600 has decided to sulk about it's demotion and will has now decided not to turn on.. A shame as it is a good little camera.

I've tried:

3 sets of new battery's including top of the range duracels
A variety of turning on and off combinations
Subtle hitting out of frustration

It was working fine but has spent a few days on top of the microwave.

Anyone have any experience of similar issues or advice about how to get it repaired?

Just bought a Canon EOS (first SLR....) to replace my old Fujifilm S5600. However, the Fujifilm S5600 has decided to sulk about it's demotion and will has now decided not to turn on.. A shame as it is a good little camera.

I've tried:

3 sets of new battery's including top of the range duracels
A variety of turning on and off combinations
Subtle hitting out of frustration

It was working fine but has spent a few days on top of the microwave.

Anyone have any experience of similar issues or advice about how to get it repaired?

Id take it back to the shop and just say its faulty, coz we have had a digital deep fatfry on our micro for years and it still works

Putting anything on a microwave is not a good idea, I guess the microwave has fryed the electrics. I once left a laptop on a microwave, the wife used the microwave about 3 times to cook some snacks whilst I was out, that was also fryed :(

Hmmm, thought as much. Think I need to test it by connecting it to the old PC via USB and use a mains power adapter to see if its battery related.

Read elsewhere that they have a fuse on the PCB and that can go?

Don't think the chap I bought it from on ebay 18 months ago would give me a refund! Taken over 2000 photos though all over the world with it (including my honeymoon) so it has some sentimental value.

I know exactly what's wrong with it and it's caught me out with mine one. You have to make sure that the little door where the SD memory card is slotted in is fully clicked shut. If it is just slightly ajar, the camera will not work. I've spent days being puzzled why my fuji S5600 camera had stopped working, then I noticed that little trap door wasn't fully pushed in, so gave it a gentle push and it's got the camera working again.

I know exactly what's wrong with it and it's caught me out with mine one. You have to make sure that the little door where the SD memory card is slotted in is fully clicked shut. If it is just slightly ajar, the camera will not work. I've spent days being puzzled why my fuji S5600 camera had stopped working, then I noticed that little trap door wasn't fully pushed in, so gave it a gentle push and it's got the camera working again.

Will give that a try later - thanks! :clap:

Tested the flappy thing. It's not that - I also plugged the USB into the camera from the PC - nothing at either end. I suppose it needs to be on.

Do you know if these camera's have an internal fuse?

do you have an DC adapter for it? try plugging it in that way and see if you get anything.

Back