Camerabox- Any good?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, just wondering if anyones ever used camerabox (http://www.camerabox.co.uk) I was wondering if they are trustworthy ect. I need a lens for a 40D, and I have found camerabox to sell some cheaper than other places....

If anyone has a used 17-85 EFs IS USM wishing to sell, please tell me too!

I bought my EF-S 55-250 IS from Camerabox. It arrived well packed and pretty quickly. I've heard that they sell a lot of grey imports.

my mate just bought a 50mm from them and had problems with the lens motor not working, emailed them and they said they would respond, its been over 3 weeks and hes chassed them but nothing! not sure what the outcome is now. Ive also noticed that the guy will let you add him on MSN but he has been offline for over 2 months now but previous to this was on everyday.

I bought a lens from them last year, but the "one-day" delivery turned out to really be one week, no tracking info supplied (although it is promised) and awful customer service, so the lens went straight back.....

Mixed reviews. hmm. I think I will look (and post) for a second hand lens....

i ordered a flash from them, and from memory it wasn't a uk one.

box was also a bit bashed up

I bought a Nikon 80-200 F2.8 lens off them. Delivered next day ( Saturday) but it was faulty and I sent it back Tuesday. It took 3 emails over 2 weeks to get a refund arranged then they said it wasnt faulty ( It was, even Nikon doubted the results I was getting were right) so I am down £30 on postage.

I wouldnt go anywhere near them again. Another supplier I spoke to reckons they sell grey imports and B grade stock, but of course I couldnt comment if this is correct or not.

Allan

I bought my EF-S 55-250 IS from Camerabox. It arrived well packed and pretty quickly. I've heard that they sell a lot of grey imports.

Ditto for me as well with regard to my EF-S50-250mm IS lens.
Camerabox offer a 2 year warranty on lenses which makes me think they are grey imports although it doesn't bother me personally.

If anyone has a used 17-85 EFs IS USM wishing to sell, please tell me too!

Have you looked on ebay?
I picked up a EF-S17-85mm IS USM a few weeks ago via ebay for £185.

Well i just searched for a sigma nikon motorised fit lens (found on camerabox)
and the first 3 sites looked identical..
After a bit of research...
Code:
Domain name:
        camerabox.co.uk

Registrant:
        Alicia Butler

Registrant type:
        UK Individual

Registrant's address:
        Garden Cottage
        ADDRESS REMOVED FROM POST
        HP1 1PE
        GB

Code:
Domain name:
        digitalfirst.co.uk

Registrant:
        Digital First Ltd

Registrant type:
        Unknown

Registrant's address:
        HP14 3BE
        GB

Code:
Domain name: DIGITAL-CAMERAS.COM

Administrative Contact:
    Butler, Alicia
    HP1 1PE
    GB

Both are:

Registrar:
Fasthosts Internet Ltd [Tag = FASTHOSTS]
URL: http://www.fasthosts.co.uk

Name servers:
ns1.livedns.co.uk
ns2.livedns.co.uk

Hmmm 1 person trading under 3 companies? sounds a tad fishy to me..
i was close to ordering but i think i'll wait until more reviews are posted.

The lady also owns http://www.tingleweb.co.uk and appears to be a web designer too..

Ditto for me as well with regard to my EF-S50-250mm IS lens.
Camerabox offer a 2 year warranty on lenses which makes me think they are grey imports although it doesn't bother me personally.

Another EF-S 55-250 IS. I never realised about the grey imports, but it makes sense, as they were the only company that had a stock of that lens.
I found their service really good - but I haven't had to return anything yet
That's the real test !!

What do you mean by grey imports?

Grey import vehicles are motor vehicles and motorcycles, which may be imported, either brand new or used, from another country, where they are more readily available and competitively priced.

wikipedia
(obviously not vehicles in this context but same definition applies.)

Back