cameras you liked

Edit My Images
No
..but never got round to owning.

Pen F
Minox
Leica M4P

Anyone else have a camera shaped hole in their wanted list?

Not here, I'm from the other extreme, I came into film cameras through inheriting my Fathers collection, although I used my Olympus OM10 quite a bit whilst younger. There wasn't a particular camera I wanted, though I've since had two of the cameras above My grandson plays with a broken Minox GT and I sold two PenF's on the Bay.

Brumberger RF
Nikon 28Ti
Plaubell Makina
Fuji 617...

:cool:

They are beautiful little cameras but the first one had broken, and my Father had bought a second to replace it not realising that it was a medical version. I then subsequently found out that you can't use one to repair the other so I sold them all.

Slight variation on the thread title is:- The camera we bought because we couldn't afford what we really wanted.
Many moons ago I bought a Pentax S3 camera, but really wanted a Nikon, but it was 50% dearer...so what you don't have you don't miss, but erm....................

I also wanted a Nikon but got a Chinon from Dixons, with nothing but the 50mm 1.7 lens. It was actually a very good camera and I should have taken a lot more photographs than I did, and I took quite a lot.
Whatever its lack of status, it had the advantage of being able to record the 1970s, something that's beyond even a Leica nowadays. It also had a double exposure switch, something of a varity even then.

I also wanted a Nikon but got a Chinon from Dixons, with nothing but the 50mm 1.7 lens. It was actually a very good camera and I should have taken a lot more photographs than I did, and I took quite a lot.
Whatever its lack of status, it had the advantage of being able to record the 1970s, something that's beyond even a Leica nowadays. It also had a double exposure switch, something of a varity even then.

......for me, when I couldn't afford a Nikon many moons ago when young, the "I want" feeling for a Nikon never really came back over the years even when I had money.

Nikon F3

I've owned just about every other model over the years, the F4 was too big a pull at the time to prevent me buying an F3

Like but not got round to getting?

HMMM!!

Leica M3
Nikon F6
Olympus Pen FT
Fuji 617
Horsman 612
Linhof 612 & 617
Canon F1n
Hasselblad SWC
Voigtlander Bessa (the folding cameras)
Contax 645
Zenith Photosnipe

And a whole host of others

Nikon F3
Nikon F4
Pentax LX
Canon T90
Olympus OM 2 SP
Olympus OM 3
Olympus OM 4Tare just a few I have used and enjoyed

Pentax LX when I had an Me Super
Leica MP when I have a Voigtlander R2
Contax S2 when I had a RTS

Mamiya 6 and 7 as I'd love to try MF.

Nikon F3, F5, F100

Pentax Me Super, Super A

Contax RTS111 167MT

Olympus OM1n OM4Ti

Leica M6 111G R7

Hasselblad 503CX XPan

Canon T90 F1 Eos1, Eos3

Stangely enough there has never been a Minolta SLR I ever liked even the Dynax :| only the CL rangefinder

Linhof 5x4

I could go on :LOL:

I just want a Blad and at some point in the future I will have one, no one can stop me (except the wife obviously)

Andy

***Stangely enough there has never been a Minolta SLR I ever liked even the Dynax only the CL rangefinder***

HUH! Not even the X-500/700............................

Dynax 7 is awesome, so much so the 9 - a better camera technically - is overshadowed by it imo. As for the 7D... :love:

Arthur

PS - yes, got one of each :D

PPS - Nikon 35ti, the silver one. Alpa, any of the 11 models, especially the 11el and 11si. Konishiroku -any of the I, II or III models.

Why? If it's titanium, let the world know I say :LOL:

It doesn't say "I'm titanium" it says "I'm silver", only a nut would know it was made of titanium.
Black is infinitely sexier, I'll take sex over titanium any day...:LOL:

28 v 35....nah, not an issue.

Surely the 28 is a girlie lens, right? For those as can't frame a shot proper like :D

Anyway, it's gold not silver :LOL:

You said silver...:LOL: and it crossed my mind but I thought I might be confusing it with that daft Mamiya 7 champaign colour.
There, a perfect example Black Mam 6 v Girlie champaign Mam 7...:puke:

I feel we may be obsessing...:coat:

I want a Nikon F6 but will settle for an F5 :)

My favourite film camera is an FM at the moment. Will be developing my own soon too!

When I started out shooting 35mm I always wanted a Canon A-1. Unfortunately, my budget only ran to a Praktica MTL3. 3 years later, whilst climbing in the alps, I dropped the MTL3 and it broke. I was a little more financially stable, but still couldn't stretch to the A-1, so bought a AE-1 Program. Over the year's cameras came and went, but there was always a little nagging voice saying "pity about the A-1..." Then a couple of weeks ago, I got one.:) So, really, there's only really one film camera that's calling to me now, and it's really, really not going to happen - I cannot in all honesty see any scenario where a Xpan is going to become affordable.

I've come full circle on the black vs silver thing, and maybe halfway round again.
When I was a teenager black cameras were the coolest thing ever and attracted a hefty premium, because it was an extra coating given to regular metal cameras and had that 'Nam' stealth thing.

I could only afford vanilla, i.e. shiny. By the 1990s every camera came in black and silver was again seen as 'proper' metal. Being fickle my taste changed with the times back to silver. Now I don't really care though, in spite of what a US Nikkormat site claimed, nearly all the secondhand bodies I find are black.

I've only got into this film game... and there's a hell of a lot of cameras I will buy and try out before I'm done! So I'm more in the category of "Cameras I like... and will hopefully get around to buying off the bay!"

Pick any of the lists above. I want em all.

Nikon F3, F5, etc etc
Many Olympus varieties
Too many Hasselblads to mention

Would love to try a Canon out too for laughs. Seeing as I own Nikon would be great to have 1 of each :LOL:

I'd love my OM2SP back - must be a minter though.
Still got my M3 with a Visoflex kit.
Tried a Rollieflex 2.8F, couldn't get on with the square format.
Still miss my Rollei 35.
Never got round to trying a Nikon, always fancied an F2 Photomic at the time.

Always really wanted an OM2 of some description, never had one but might finally splash out.

Really want an Olypmpus 35 RC at the minute but haven't found a good one in my acceptable price range yet.

I've come full circle on the black vs silver thing, and maybe halfway round again.

Ahh, well, it depends on the camera, I don't do black to the exclusion of silver/champaign...but.. the Nikon 35 and 28 Ti have those white dials, they have to be on black...have to be..:wacky:

2isv6kl.jpg

5beeld.jpg

on the other hand I much prefer Fuji's new 6x7 to Voigtlanders all black affair.

fuji_range_1.jpg

VOIGTLANDER_Bessa_III_667_Moyen_Format__Folding_-p-VOIGTLANDER330015.jpg

I agree certain periods of cameras look better in Silver and Black especially the fifties cameras; others notably SLR's look good in Black..

Apart from Olympus OM1n I still reckon they have to be black and silver.

***Stangely enough there has never been a Minolta SLR I ever liked even the Dynax only the CL rangefinder***

HUH! Not even the X-500/700............................

Apart from the two cameras you've mentioned :bonk:

How about a bit of each? The early FTN has a silver winder and a black body. My first thought was a replacement handle had been fitted but checking, all first generation Nikkormats are like that. Unsurprisingly, the silver model didn't have a black winder.
Maybe they though the paint would wear of with contact, who knows?

001-16.jpg

Just thought of another I would get if I ever saw one I could afford... Ricoh FF-1, more stylish than a Minox!

well my friends just been showing of his mint F3TI ....I want I want I want

A screw Leica. All those knobs to tweak, and five minutes to load a film.
Sounds just heaven. The way prices are going I might just soon be able to go there.

I used and owned many of film cameras over the years but the canon T90 was my all time favorite ..the metering was fantastic...I had a soft spot for the Olympus OM 4 ti but couldn't justify the cost..........

Back