Beginner Cameras

Name
Roy Newport
Edit My Images
No
just a thought,can you adapt canon lenes to fit Nikon.

No.

It is possible the other way around but a bit of a faff to be honest. You can adapt Canon lenses to most of the mirrorless camera systems though.

just a thought,can you adapt canon lenes to fit Nikon.
Not worth the bother, Canon AF Lenses cant be adapted, older non AF ones with an adaptor, but unless its a good one the glass element will let you down

Why would you want to?

Probably cheaper buying a Canon camera.

Why would you?! You get the best results with the right lens and camera.

Why would you?! You get the best results with the right lens and camera.
Well, so many people on this forum will tell you that Nikon/Sony sensors are light years ahead and Canon sensors are totally carp. But on the other hand Canon make some unique lenses such as the MP-E 65mm 1-5x macro and the 11-24mm f/4L. So if you want the best lens and the best camera.....

Given that Roy has a 7Dmk2 and has just bought a 5Dc according to the other thread i'm baffled as to why he wants to adapt canon lenses to Nikon ?

Adaptors can be found to allow almost any brand of lens to be used on almost any body - SRBPhotographic is a good place to start. Automation is likely to be rather limited... As Stewart pointed out, there are some lenses that simply don't have an equivalent elsewhere - the MP-E65 being a prime (!) example. TBH though, IF I really wanted to use one, I would get a Canon body to use it on as well.

Given that Roy has a 7Dmk2 and has just bought a 5Dc according to the other thread i'm baffled as to why he wants to adapt canon lenses to Nikon ?

Quote because I'm looking or thinking to change but having just watched a vid on Canons 5d mk 4 maybe I won't.lol

Back