Cameras2u.com

Name
Julia
Edit My Images
Yes
Apologies in advance if this turns into a rant...

Basically I would advise anyone to avoid this company. I will explain...

I chose to buy my first DSLR from here as I was made aware of a discount code which would allow me £18 off a purchase between £600 - £800.

I added the camera to my 'trolly' and went to the checkout where I input the code. The checkout confirmed:

'You have added the following cameras2u.com voucher: Save £18 on orders from £600 - £800'

I made the order, the discount wasn't taken off so I called the helpline. I was told then that this didn't apply to DSLRs. After reflection I sent an email explaining that the site should have made this clear etc etc. The response was to call the helpline and a refund could be given of the £18.

I called up, and was told once more I couldn't have the refund.

In addition to this I paid £5.95 for next day delivery as I'm off work and am in to accept the parcel. I call up today (the day it's due) to be told it looks like they have lost the package.

All I have had is hassle, and with it being a lot of money for me, and a huge purchase, I just feel like crying!

I wanted to get that off my chest as well as to inform you of the terrible service I have had from them. :crying:

sorry to hear of your plight, AFAIK cameras2u are the other internet bit of jessops, so the high street stores can say they have price matched against the internet.
As the web site accepted the promotion code I would say your rant-ette is justified. write to them, trading standards, and anyone else that will listen, but is it worth it for £18?

TTFN

dave

sorry to hear you have had problems and hope you manage to get it sorted and get your new camera soon.:)
I must say i have used them in the past with no problems, maybe i was lucky. I expect if you sent in a letter of complaint you can probably get your discount and postage refunded.
good luck(y)

It's about time we have some strict laws so that innocent customers are not taken for a ride because it's until eternity that the customer services in this country is gonna improve any tad.

I agree chouglez. I work in the finance sector and the FSA are extremely strict about the level of service customers receive. It's just a shame retail isn't like that.

I agree Dave, if it was about £18 it wouldn't be worth it, but I feel that the level of service provided is appaulling, and shouldn't be ignored. Getting this camera was something I was really excited about and now its turned into a nightmare. That alone deserves a harsh complaint letter.

That alone deserves a harsh complaint letter.

go girl :woot: a nice snottogram should go down well, ask for the MD's name, and write to him personally, don't bother with the monkeys, go for the organ grinder

checked on www.companieshouse.gov.uk

here's some bumpf

Name & Registered Office:
CAMERAS2U.COM LIMITED
JESSOP HOUSE
98 SCUDAMORE ROAD
LEICESTER
LEICESTERSHIRE LE3 1TZ
Company No. 03504808

couldnt find names tho :thinking:

let us kno how you get on (y)

Aw thank you. Good idea about getting a senior's name, I'll try that!

I'm going to call at 4.30pm to check if there's been any progress finding my camera :)bang:), then I'll start on the complaining.

My dad's a barrister so I'll see if he can help me make things sound as formal as possible.

cameras2u is another side of jessops, they operate of the same building in Leicester. I have used them 3 or 4 times and even had to return a faulty item and they were really good. Hopefully yours in a on off as i wouldn't hesitate to use them again normally but now I might have a re-think. :)

Sorry to hear about your bad luck but at least it meant we get to see your my space site :woot:

hehe, what can I say, I like to be in front of the camera as well as behind it :p

I called, and all they would do is look on the city link site to see where the order is (which I can do myself). This doesn't help as they haven't receieved it yet.

Time to start writing my letters :bat:

Edit: Somehow they have sent it to Bradford by accident...I'm in Newcastle...could anything else go wrong?

Cutsie - did you get your camera in the end?

Back