Camping at Silverstone (F1 BGP and WEC)

Edit My Images
No
Perhaps slightly off topic but wondering what experiences people have had camping at Silverstone, particularly for families and general site conditions as well as noise levels at nighttime,etc,

crammed in like sardines, the showers are pretty poor considering what your paying. Elsan empty point is a treck, evening entertainment is really good

And some pricks are always shouting "ALAN" at the top of their voices at 3am

I camp at The Woodlands circuit campsite for The Classic each year.
Noise is fine
Queues for showers and bogs can get long especially in the morning.
Don't forget to take your own bog roll.
The bins seem reasonably sealed and are far enough away from pitches to not cause problems with flies or smell.
When it's wet it can get quite muddy.
Many of the pitches are not flat. - Finding a flat pitch is really tricky.

Do you know any BRDC members? Stayed with friends in the BRDC area (The Farm?) a few times for the GP. Quite good facilities.

GC

I am booked on woodlands for the WEC - but I gather Dadford road is pretty good?

I have always stayed in a premier inn or similar when at Silverstone in the past, but I am going to give camping a go as if I can cope at Le Mans, I am sure I can cope in Northamptonshire.

Thanks all. Thinking of Woodlands for WEC. Need to get a tent which I plan to use for Le Mans next year (was last there early eighties) and maybe BGP F1 if all goes well). What is the plot size/max tent possible? Is vehicle parking adjacent or remote? What is the best plan to bring/prepare food vs buy on site?

Anyone have experience with the new blackout tents? I have vague memories of being woken early by light when I last camped as well as being too hot to sleep.

Back