Can anyone fix this please

kelack

TPer Emerita - But she's back!
Name
Kelly
Edit My Images
Yes
I've tried and failed but I love this photo of me and husband and it was sooooooo over exposed. Someone please do their magic, I will be forever grateful

119.jpg

:help:

TIA

This is a really quick edit,there's not much detail left in the upper part to recover, someone else may do a better job.:)

119kelaktp.jpg

You will give someone the best chance if you can upload the original file from the camera somewhere. Even resizing will have lost detail.

The image is really to small to do anything with. I've tried improving the highlights but they become so pixalated it looks awful.

Dropping the image into CS3 RAW option for jpeg files helps as you can darken the highlight areas using recovery. But all you are doing is putting density into the bald highlights. But then you can tweak a bit without the highlights looking so blown.

Thanks all very much for your efforts. I am grateful for it.

The pic was taken a few years back with my Canon Powershot. I have it on a CD in the drawer which is set aside for me to go through and sort out next Monday.

Quick go:

1191.jpg

Thanks you two - mmm, black and white does improve it, why didn't I think of that!!!

I'll see if I have the original disc somewhere on Monday and have a play with it.

Thanks (y)

was this shot in raw? if so can u upload that as we'll have way more chance at recovering it?

if not then i think the above is about the best u can get.

will have a bash in colour and do a better B&W\sepia one tomorrow.

1_edit.jpg

i would possibly look to do an "aged photo" type picture tbh as it will hide any iffy bits better

my atempt, duplicated the layer, and tweaked layers.

119.jpg

Back