Can anyone ID this plane?

Edit My Images
Yes
Took this yesterday at North Weald Airfield, Essex. We rent a chunk of tarmac to drive our cars around cones :)thinking:) and I snapped this as we were close to the runway.

Its my first plane pic so be gentle. The image is as it came from the camera with no editting.
It would be nice to know what you think of my effort and also what the plane is.
Cheers
Stu

DSC_1600.jpg

As someone who takes quite a few plane pics, it's a very good first attempt, although the "theory" behind taking a plane photo is the same as a sports cars, or a horse etc. Good panning technique and a fast ( ish ) shutter speed are needed.

I'd be interested in seeing an edited version.

Thanks for the info and the tips.
Looks like that particular aricraft was manufacturedin 1985 and has been at North Weald for a good few years.

Ady, I didn;t have much time to graba few settings and shoot before the aircraft was passed my position. 1/200", F11, ISO 400 is where I got to. I'll have a play with it later if I get some time, but thinks for the tips so far :)

Yep definately a Yak 50 and as for a fast shutter as Ady says........NO go for about 1/200 f9 and you will be fine shooting prop planes and alter according to light

I should of added, that for jets a high shutter speed is a good idea, whereas Helicopters and props are best to have a slightly slower speed to get some "blur".

200 is spot on for props but why were you at ISO 400?

The light was really bad earlier on. Very overcast and I was shooting cars at full zoom and couldn't get a fast enough shutter speed to freeze (even Auto was pegging the shutter at 1/400 them so had upped the ISO. So basically I forgot to check and alter it! :thumbsdown:

The light was really bad earlier on. Very overcast and I was shooting cars at full zoom and couldn't get a fast enough shutter speed to freeze (even Auto was pegging the shutter at 1/400 them so had upped the ISO. So basically I forgot to check and alter it! :thumbsdown:
At least you got away with it, I was shooting jets then this thing come along and I forgot to drop my speed
and wrecked the shot.:bang:
MO2Q2026.jpg

Back