Can anyone identify this little creature?

andy_fozzy

SPAM Merchant
Name
Andy!
Edit My Images
Yes
Quite an odd looking chap. I've never seen one before!
No idea what it is, but there's dozens of them on a bush in the garden.....

oddbug.jpg

Pretty sure thats a ladybird grub

No its one of them things that burrow in through your ear and into your brain and then force you to turn a gun on captain kirk.... oh yeh its ladybird grub

:agree: ... Harlequin variety ... :shrug:

LB should know ... :naughty:

Did you know you can buy these from Amazon for green pest control ... :cautious:

... about 18 squids for fifty of the squidgy aphid gobbling little blighters ... :D

:p

No its one of them things that burrow in through your ear and into your brain and then force you to turn a gun on captain kirk....
Thats even better (y)

:agree: ... Harlequin variety ... :shrug:

Did you know you can buy these from Amazon for green pest control ... :cautious:
... about 18 squids for fifty of the squidgy aphid gobbling little blighters ... :D
I hope not Ven they are pests! ( assuming you are talking "Harlequin" that is )

Source BBC News

Originally from Asia, the harlequin was probably imported into the UK on plants that came in from continental Europe.

Sightings of the beetle have been mainly restricted to the south east, extending to Hampshire in the west and Norfolk in the north.

The insect has a huge appetite for greenfly, leaving little for native ladybirds who then starve.

Worse still, the harlequin will turn on other ladybirds if food resources diminish for the whole population. The invader will also prey on other types of insects, eating butterfly eggs, caterpillars and lacewing larvae.

Last edited:
Not sure what's happening in #2, but looks like (as does #3) that they are halfway between the 'change'!!

oddbug2.jpg

oddbug3.jpg

Coo never seen one of those before. Larve ladybird I mean. Good set of shots

I hope not Ven they are pests! ( assuming you are talking "Harlequin" that is )

Source BBC News

Originally from Asia, the harlequin was probably imported into the UK on plants that came in from continental Europe.

Sightings of the beetle have been mainly restricted to the south east, extending to Hampshire in the west and Norfolk in the north.

The insect has a huge appetite for greenfly, leaving little for native ladybirds who then starve.

Worse still, the harlequin will turn on other ladybirds if food resources diminish for the whole population. The invader will also prey on other types of insects, eating butterfly eggs, caterpillars and lacewing larvae.

:eek:

No I was generically speaking LB Larvae ... :D ... the good guys I am sure ... :thinking: ... although knowing Amazon ... :cautious:

Back