1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Helix

Helix

Name:
    SJG
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I was recently given a camera bag full of all manner of random things, filters, stepping rings, lenses etc, and this. I've looked around, but cannot for the life of me identify what the thing is. The second photo shows a small mini tripod-like object which is screwed into the base of the thing. Can anyone enlighten me as to what it is? Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. wontolla

wontolla Misery Guts Monica

Name:
    I'm not a Misery Guts and Monica is not my Moniker
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Its a mini tripod and handle. I use a similar one for M43 camera.
    The tripod part screws into my handle too. Handy for any video work!

3. Helix

Helix

Name:
    SJG
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Brilliant, thanks, it does seem pretty obvious now! What exactly is the small three legged object used for? As the hole doesn't look like anything can connect to it and the "legs" can't hold any kind of weight.

4. Nod

Nod Ethel Prescott

Name:
    Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Flip the legs right out and screw the screw back into the base bit and you'll have a mini tripod suitable for a very light compact. I have something similar with a plastic clamp so I can attach light kit to anything the clamp will fit round.

5. wontolla

wontolla Misery Guts Monica

Name:
    I'm not a Misery Guts and Monica is not my Moniker
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    What he said☝
    Plus it's useful for a flash off camera.

6. Helix

Helix

Name:
    SJG
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks for the answers, will be taking it out to do some video on the weekend.

7. goinggreynow

goinggreynow

Edit My Images:
    No
    What a co-incidence! Bought some Minolta kit a couple of weeks ago and one of these was in the camera bag. I did wonder if I could also use it as a sort of mini "pistol grip".