Can anyone reccommend a reasonable A3 printer?

Edit My Images
Yes
Looking to get an A3 printer as i want to start printing my images up and selling them at local craft fairs. So it will need to produce saleable results. I'll need to be able to rpint on canvas, normal photopaper and occasionally thicker paper/card.

Can anyone reccommend a reasonable bit of kit that won't break the bank or direct me to a review site/article that might be of some help?

I'll probably be buying secondhand as money is extremely tight!

epson stylus 4800 pro.pricey but good.
we use fuji paper , q imaging rip programme with epson paper profiles.fuji rip programme on fuji paper gave us major prob. we even had the fuji rep out for a full day and he couldnt sort the overinking prob we had.
great results now tho.were trying paper from"paper spectrum" at the mo too. supposedly profiled for epsom printers.apparently paul deverill uses this stuff on his epson and loves it.
it uses sheet or roll too.prints on canvas and card.BIG carts can be had easily (use epson)
about £50 each , but last well.

erm, thats printer is over £1500

I'm looking for one around £150-200...

Is the general consensus that eposn make the best photo printers then?

A photographer contact of mine said reckons the one he had was rubbish and that he'd never ging back to one after he got his HP.

Each to their own m8, I've always used Epsons and found them to be reliable and cheap to run (if you don't buy Epson ink) The 1800 is supposed to be a very good printer but even it is ~£350. Not sure where you'd pick up a second hand printer of any make, if you do find one I'd want to see it in action before paying up.

I've used an Epson 1290S for years now with no problems, I always use Epson inks, the alternative inks, although cheaper, just don't cut it as far as I'm concerned.

Canon Pixma IX5000 Bubble Jet A3+ printer or Canon IX 4000 close to your budget.

I've killed 4 epson printers, they dont seem to last long, cheap inks are handy for general printing. canons are better construction inks are slightly dearer but hold more ink even cheap compatables

New epson 1400 is supposed to be pretty good. Uses the 'claria' inks though, which can be pricey. Although I suspect the CIS company's will have one for this soon. The only problem I can see for you is that it may not handle thicker media so well.

One thing to beware of though.....Unless the printer has specific inks for printing mono your B&W images will come out toned!

I would say the best A3 printer out there at the moment is the HP B9180 (I think thats its number).
Superb on B&W too.

The best prints I have seen from an A3 printer not running from a RIP.

Old fart says quote "I've killed 4 epson printers" when you say that I assume you mean they have locked up after a certain time ?
While not trying to tell my gradmother how to suck eggs, I assume you know that most printers are clocked, the same as cameras are, but they can be reset for £10-£15
I only found this out after throwing my 890 away, was I pig sick, YES

Old fart says quote "I've killed 4 epson printers" when you say that I assume you mean they have locked up after a certain time ?
While not trying to tell my gradmother how to suck eggs, I assume you know that most printers are clocked, the same as cameras are, but they can be reset for £10-£15
I only found this out after throwing my 890 away, was I pig sick, YES

Thats quite interesting. I have heard this a few times. How is this done. Is it like a firmware flash on the printer then??

There are a few ways of doing it. A useful utility to let you reset various aspects of Epson printers is called SSC Service Utility. A common problem with the lower end Epsons are that the ink reservoir becomes full over time and the printer automatically shuts down until it is serviced. It is fairly easy to empty this yourself.

I'm about to order the HP B9180 printer but it's around £400! Really fantastic prints.

What inks and paper are the best for my hp b9180 please as I am looking for top results.(y)

Hi there -

I'm probably looking to get an A0 printer, I'm currently thinking about a HP one, but really I need one that can use replaceable inks...not sure I'm explaining myself, but I have heard that you can buy cheaper inks but good quality that have a tube from the cartridge going into a individual bottle of ink for each colour...lasts longer and cheaper overall, think HP printers can use this. I'm probably looking at spending around £600-800 and happy to buy slightly second-hand to get a better printer...any ideas, what printers does anyone suggest? Quality is the most important bit really. Any good outlets apart from Ebay to look?

i looked at most A3 printers in the 150-250 range and decided for the use mine gets a Canon IX4000 A3+ would be good and i am not disappointed in it, great for the money, dont think it will print on canvas though

Back