Beginner Can anyone recommend a course?

Name
Melodie
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello

I am very new to photography and looking to complete a diploma or something along those lines in photography in the hope to begin photographing portraits.... there are so many different courses available I was wondering if anyone could recommend a course? Thanks!

Your best course (pun) is actually to look at YouTube to pick up some pointers there before you consider paying out any money.

And decide what types of portraits you want to take.

And of course practice, practice and more practice.

I am very new to photography and looking to complete a diploma or something along those lines in photography
There's loads of courses - but you can learn in many different ways
in the hope to begin photographing portraits
If you mean you'd like to do some training in order to go into business shooting people - the best course of action is a business course.

If you simply want to photograph people, pick up a camera and take pictures of your friends, family, colleagues or even strangers. It's easy.

I did a couple of courses at my local collage, once a week for 3hrs, was really interesting, different project every week and a focus on a "famous" photographer each week, it was really good and taught me a couple of interesting points to build on.

I am following “A Year With My Camera”. Emma has written the course so it easy to understand and the concepts are introduced in a logical fashion. It costs nowt to do it

A friend of mine did the RPS course which then gives a discount on either membership or a first go at the Licentiate or something like that. Depends what it is for though as the others have pointed out.

There are loads of free (and paid) courses on Udemy which I found really helpful. There's a course for all aspects of photography and for all levels of ability.

Add that to the wealth of knowledge on this forum and you're good to go. It's definitely worth a look.

Back