Can anyone recommend....

Edit My Images
No
Some decent AA rechargeable batteries suitable for a speedlight, and a good place to buy them please?

Many thanks
:)

Hi Stumpy,

I buy the Uniross 2700MaH from Ebay. Just stick "Uniross 2700" in the search field and press go. Pick the best value (number of batts + postage), check the feedback rating of the seller to make sure they're as ok as you can tell and away you go. Did the same to get my Uniross charger too.

The 2700's are about the best out there at the mo and refresh my SB800 pretty well.

However (there's always one of those I'm afraid), if you're doing rapid fire flash shots, the batteries do wain after heavy use and you will find the 2nd and 3rd shot in a rapid burst will be darker than the 1st as the flash just can't refresh quick enough on the batteries. Ony way around this is to buy a dedicated power-pack like the Quantum Turbo's which I now have for my wedding stuff.

Guy

If you have a SB800, buy 5 sets of 4 batteries, and use the 5th battery on your gun, but be sure to charge up in sets. The 5th battery reduces recycling time loads, and also lets you work longer without changing batteries

the uniross 2700's get a second vote, by far the best we have used

I bought some from Maplin, 2800mah & they're been great. They only get used in my Canon Speedlight & can't complain for the price-£9.99 for 8 of them, then bought a fast charger as there's nothing worse than waiting all night for them to charge back up!

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, now I'll just have to chase the moths out of my pockets and get some brought :)

I use the 2800mah batteries from 7dayshop in my flashes - they were £4.99 but have gone up to £6.49 deleivered. I'd be wary of buying from Ebay as some are fake.

Maplin for me too at the moment, I'm more than happy (although mine are the 2500mAh). Totally agree with a fast charger too, and multi-source (car, house, abroad)

Back