Can anyone suggest a decent Point and Shoot for under £30?

A decent point and shoot for under 30 quid? Even second hand you're not going to get anything decent for 30 quid. You'll get something cheap but unlikely cheerful.

He could fairly easily get a point and shoot for 30 quid, but like I say, don't expect it to be decent. He'd be better getting a cheap point and click film camera if he only wants to spend 30 quid.

There were some 5MP Samsungs in PC World last time I looked (in Liverpool). Can't remember if they were £29.99 or £39.99. I've seen cheap in Asda too.

Or try Amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/qid=12333...&page=1&rh=n:293756011,n:293757011&sort=price

That sounds like good value for new.

Honestly I feel so guilty... when I consider a mere lens 10 times that much is relatively 'affordable', the concept of a £30 camera seems so foreign. I need to spend my money on something more noble me thinks. :(

The one thing that impressed me is how light (ie not heavy) the recent budget P&S cameras are. I'd really like something I could put in my pocket and forget its there until needed.

Well if your dad is OK with second hand I would highly recommend the Kodak Z740, there is one on ebay at the moment at £11 (17 hours to go at time of typing this)something HERE It doesn't say if it comes with and instruction book, but I am sure you can download one from somewhere easily enough. Or for an extra £30 you could get one brand new.

It was my first decent P&S and you're welcome to view some of the shots I took with mine HERE. It's easy to use, and is large enough to get a decent grip on it, without it being too big for a P&S.

Back