Can CS2 be fixed to read my D300 Raw ?

You can use something free to convert your raw files and tweak it in Photoshop later on.
I can recommend RawTherapee, UFRaw isn't too bad either, but RawTherapee bests it, IMO.
ViewNX might not be too bad if you want to go with the brand.

The Camera Raw 3.7 was the last one for CS2, I think.

Bloody idiots posting when they don't know the answer ;)

I believe this is the answer:

Your camera did not exist when CS2 ceased to be supported by Adobe, so you will never be able to open your Nikon D-300 files directly in CS2.

You need to download the DNG Converter 4.3 —previous versions do not support your new camera— and convert your files to DNG raw files first.

However, in CS2, you MUST run ACR (Adobe Camera Raw plug-in) 3.7, which does NOT support your camera directly but will convert the DNG raw files that you can get from your Nikon raw files through the separate, stand-alone DNG Converter 4.3 which doesn't any version of Photoshop to run. It runs as an application by itself. Place it anywhere you like, as on your desktop if you wish.

Again, download ACR 3.7 to install in CS2 according to the detailed instructions on the download page —but DISCARD the DNG Converter that may come with that download.

Then, download the free, stand-alone Adobe DNG CONVERTER 4.3 —but DISCARD the ACR 4.3 that may come with that download.

Alternatively, upgrade to CS3, upgrade its ACR to ACR 4.3 and open your files directly, without needing the DNG Converter at all.

Your other choice is to use Nikon software.

In fact... the whole thread is here, have a read:

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c056433

that update is only for CS3, the OP has CS2 :p

I can't use my D40X's NEF's with CS2 either, so I tend to do stuff with Capture NX then transfer a .tiff over to CS2

Hi I have a Nikon D40X, and use CS2. I have downloaded just the DNG converter for CS3 from Adobe. I use this to convert my RAW files. It allows batch processing and it is in my opinion a much better solution than using Nikons software.

Back