Beginner Can I connect two flashes together for simultaneous firing?

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I'm dabbling with water drop photography with a drop controller firing one flash YN560IV directly and then that flash firing a YN560III via the inbuilt RF link. It's the first time I have used two flashes together and notice that I am getting a very slight 'ghosting' on the resulting images. Like one flash is firing at a slightly different time and / or duration. It's barely there but it softens the image.

I've got a dual flash adapter similar to the one below and wondered if I can connect them both to that safely without damaging one or both flashes?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_4085.jpg
    IMG_4085.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 24
It's possible to creat offset timing within a group of flashes. Maybe this is unknowingly in your settings? If you're using an RF link, would it not be better to seperate the flash units anyway? That device doesn't seem too practical to me. I hope you work it out and maybe someone more experienced can give a more detailed answer (I'm new to using flash).

Don’t use the RF link, a simple optical triggering will work, the RF processing takes time to compute.

It's possible to creat offset timing within a group of flashes. Maybe this is unknowingly in your settings? If you're using an RF link, would it not be better to seperate the flash units anyway? That device doesn't seem too practical to me. I hope you work it out and maybe someone more experienced can give a more detailed answer (I'm new to using flash).
Don’t use the RF link, a simple optical triggering will work, the RF processing takes time to compute.

Thank you both.

I can't see a way of adjusting the timing of the RF link. The little hot shoe isn't ideal as you say as I would ideally want the flashes further apart. I will try the optical method and see how I get on.

Back