Can I delete unused Lightroom catalogues?

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Please move if in incorrect part of the forum

I have a bug on my PC and I'm going to reinstall Windows, but first I want to sort out Lightroom Classic (20GB subscription). I used to have standalone v6.12. (And sort out every file I have on the PC.)

I have 2 Lightroom catalogues which are not used. Can I delete these without causing any harm?
I also want to rename the catalogue to something more appropriate.

Last edited:
Why are they not used? Are the pictures also in other catalogs? Or are they older catalogs, created for an older version of the software.

You are also backing up your catalogs, right? Generally with the backups I clear them out every so often, as you don't really need to keep multiple copies of old catalogs.

Why are they not used? Are the pictures also in other catalogs? Or are they older catalogs, created for an older version of the software.

You are also backing up your catalogs, right? Generally with the backups I clear them out every so often, as you don't really need to keep multiple copies of old catalogs.
I think I had to create a new catalogue for some reason, don't ask me why as I cannot remember.

I had two other catalogues. I moved them elsewhere and don't have a problem when viewing photos in the Editing tab, so I'll delete them.
But I have these highlighted files which I presume can also be deleted?

v13 is my current catalogue
lr.jpg

I backup every now and again. Just backed it up now and deleted the other two backups I had.

Yes, the ones with the -v12 suffix can be deleted.

Back