Can I have a go?

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Long story short!
Mate's son getting married on a Wednesday cause it was the cheapest day,no photographer,just relying on mobile pics uploaded by the guests to Instagram!
So I said to mate,"Can I have a go?"
Bride an Groom both agreed,I've done a couple like this before,for mates who weren't having a tog,
I really enjoyed it,but god knows how the pro's do it week in week out!

Bride Portrait by cotty332000, on Flickr

The Happy Couple by cotty332000, on Flickr

The young newly weds! by cotty332000, on Flickr

Lovely set mate, they'll be thrilled to have something if they weren't planning on having any at all! They certainly owe you a pint or five ;)

Lovely set mate, they'll be thrilled to have something if they weren't planning on having any at all! They certainly owe you a pint or five ;)

Cheers!
I did get a nice meal free,although I sat and ate it with the kitchen staff at the venue!
I'm sure his dad will treat me,especially when he compares mine to the Instagram uploads!

Only slight :)
Really nice set, you done good.
Matt

An excellent set. As @Pads1980 said, definitely on par with the pros. Would be nice to see a full collection (ones from the ceremony and the first dance, etc and not just the 'posed' ones).

They're nice, esp the lighting. Your composition & processing decisions are obviously deliberate but I don't understand them :thinking:

Why have you shown just half her face in the first? Why so low in the frame in the second? And why is the sky and field purple in the 3rd?

Thanks for your comments.
I do have some with all of her face and suppose I was just trying to be a bit different/creative with that one.
Same with 2,probably spend too much time looking at trendy wedding photography websites where strange crops seem all the rage,I've also got this with a more conventional crop.
1 I have it processed conventionally,this is a 1 click light room preset,that I thought suited the pic!

My reactions
1. Meh, can see the artistic intent but not for me
2. Really nicely done
3. F###, I want this guy to take the photos when I get married.

Really nice work!

Not getting into arguments here but the first looks like an old film print that ran out of film on the last shot to me. :-(

No doubt the paparatzi here will think I have committed a crime by viewing my opinion.

rest look great. :))

Not getting into arguments here but the first looks like an old film print that ran out of film on the last shot to me. :-(

No doubt the paparatzi here will think I have committed a crime by viewing my opinion.

rest look great. :))

I certainly won't,if you don't try different things you never know!
It's all subjective after all.
I see your point.[emoji106]

Very nice especially for a freebie!, no 3 for me - take it there is just 1 flash in front of them

I enjoy shooting weddings,but would never charge!
This is the 3rd I've done for mates who are generally too tight to pay and aren't that fussed,I get to have fun and hopefully that get a few pics that they like.
I do have PL insurance before anyone has a go as part of my camera policy!Yes,just a single SB700.

Reactions: nog
Thanks!
1's not getting much love![emoji1]
I think if the curtain (I'm guessing thats what it is?) was just a few inches to the left so that you could see the majority if not all of the face then it would get far better comments. :D

I think if the curtain (I'm guessing thats what it is?) was just a few inches to the left so that you could see the majority if not all of the face then it would get far better comments. :D

It was her veil that was hanging up!
I do have one with less coverage!
I'll post it later!

Excellent mate. Good see that you can cope well in the stressful situations like the confetti

Wow, great work!
They are definitely a photogenic couple but you've really got some cracking shots there. I love the 3rd photo in your opening post, the atmosphere of the photo is just amazing, really like the composition too.
They certainly look professional level to me.

Wow, great work!
They are definitely a photogenic couple but you've really got some cracking shots there. I love the 3rd photo in your opening post, the atmosphere of the photo is just amazing, really like the composition too.
They certainly look professional level to me.

Thanks!

It's something I'd love to do, I just don't know if I could deal with that sort of pressure!

That's why I only do free gigs!
Not really any pressure,if it weren't for me they'd only have what was uploaded to Instagram,as that's all they wanted.

That's why I only do free gigs!
Not really any pressure,if it weren't for me they'd only have what was uploaded to Instagram,as that's all they wanted.
That's definitely a good way to go about it, even if only to start off until the confidence has grown.

Back