Can I legally take pictures...

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Can I legally take pictures in Liverpool One Car Park? It's an underground car park with decent lighting for anyone who hasn't been in, but always wondered whether they would be funny if I went down later at night when its not busy and took some pictures of mine and a friends car, or would I have to pay a charge? (other than the fee to park there)

Thanks

Ian

It is up to the owners if they want to allow it or not but even if they didn't, it wouldn't be illegal.

I would do it until someone told me that I couldn't.

Buying parking tickets would make it interesting if they decided to eject you as they invite people in for a fee and you have taken them up on their offer.

If you do it then get told it's not allowed, remember that they have no right to force you to delete any images.

Steve.

Last edited:
Dont know the legalities but I would Just go for it, they are more likely to chuck you off the property than charge you a an extra fee but I would bet that you and a mate and your two cars would stand a good chance if you dont roll up with a full lighting set up, backgrounds, reflectors etc.

Or you could always contact the carpark owners. This is the truth, EVERY single time we go to L1 we get the same space in the carpark, its funny because we go quite often too :)

Thanks Steve, appreciate the advice. Will head down tonight and see what happens. Suppose it is interesting that I am actually paying to use the car park as well!

Dont know the legalities but I would Just go for it, they are more likely to chuck you off the property than charge you a an extra fee but I would bet that you and a mate and your two cars would stand a good chance if you dont roll up with a full lighting set up, backgrounds, reflectors etc.

Or you could always contact the carpark owners. This is the truth, EVERY single time we go to L1 we get the same space in the carpark, its funny because we go quite often too :)

Not going with a full lighting set up, just tripod and DSLR etc, nothing too flashy so hopefully should be okay! will try and find somewhere where is isn't too busy!

When you go in, have a look to see if there is a sign stating their terms and conditions. If they are printed on the back of the ticket they are invalid as they are being imposed after you have entered into a contract. i.e. you have already paid.

I doubt that it will say anything about photography. More likely just speed limits, no commercial vehicles, etc.

Steve.

Last edited:
I see what you mean steve, Ian good idea find a quiet spec. I would just do it because asking them is likely to be a refusal as its probably not in their insurance term for photoshoots and stuff, I didnt think that the lighting was good in the carpark anyway, it is that yellowish tungston stuff isnt it.

I see what you mean steve, Ian good idea find a quiet spec. I would just do it because asking them is likely to be a refusal as its probably not in their insurance term for photoshoots and stuff, I didnt think that the lighting was good in the carpark anyway, it is that yellowish tungston stuff isnt it.

I thought it was relatively white-ish last time I checked, may be wrong though! only 10 minutes away so not too far of a drive for me even if its rubbish. Will find a quiet area and see how it pans out, if somebody kicks off I'll pack up my stuff, leave and do some light painting instead :) win win haha!

Best stance to take..I may be wrong Ian about the lighting but if you shoot raw you can always adjust the whitebalance, no problem

I've took some in there before(all be it afew years ago), did have someone come over and ask what we were doing but just told him taking pics for a uni course and he said fair enough and went on his way. You should be fine mate.

Back