Can I use these flash guns?

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
No
I can`t really afford one at the moment, And i got these a while back, So I wanted a bit of advice

16862_1290132846023_1011280031_3090.jpg

I wouldn't attatch them direct due to voltal problems, but if you get some wireless triggers and use them manual they should work .

I thought that too, I didnt want to risk it tbh though so i wanted a second opioin, Erm how do you mean Voltal? sorry im as thick as mud :(

he means voltage

sorry I ment voltage lol getting tired lol I think that I need to go to bed

Lol yes a sign of sleepiness lol, My friend said considering they take x4 AA battery's, It shouldnt take it from the camera battery!

Thats only the onboard flash that takes power from the camera battery.

On second thoughts, it must send a small ammount of power to the shoe to trigger it!

The actual trigger voltage could be higher than your camera's and fry it . Just don't take the chance it chould end up costing you in the end .

Lol yes a sign of sleepiness lol, My friend said considering they take x4 AA battery's, It shouldnt take it from the camera battery!

Old flashes like that can send a spike of up to 300 volts into your camera, but your camera is only designed to take something like 6 volts.

It's your decision if you want to risk it, but a cheap, safe flashgun will cost you a lot less than a new camera ;)

Old flashes like that can send a spike of up to 300 volts into your camera, but your camera is only designed to take something like 6 volts.

It's your decision if you want to risk it, but a cheap, safe flashgun will cost you a lot less than a new camera ;)

Very true my friend lol, Hmm let me think, 300 vol to a 6 vol lol :bonk: yes sure ill test the flash guns on it xD !

Thanks for the info matey (y)

I did a thread about this subject a while ago, let me see.

nikon cameras are all good up to 250V. Canons are much more easily fried.

Just get some cheap ebay triggers or some of FITP. If they fry no biggie.

Back