Can someone help with a picture please?

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Can someone help with this picture please?
This is probably the best photo our wedding photographer managed to get of our daughter but I just dont think its right, seems a little dark to me.

Unfortunately my photoshop skills aren't as good as some people on here so any help would be appreciated, I would like to get it on a canvas and I think if it went on as it is it wouldn't look right.

It is on my flickr account if anyone wants a full res copy.

Cheers

2590074993_695e2b6b37.jpg

Hi

Not sure if this is anygood for you but ran my normal work flow... File was a little small but had a go..

98880475.jpg

Hope you had a nice day and have some wonderful images..

Regards

Shutterman

Hi paul

I tweaked it a bit with levels and colour boost, cropped got rid of the distracting lightbulb
click fo larger

Original Photo By Paulmack

2590074993_695e2b6b37.jpg

Dave

Cheers Shutterman, thats excellent.

Thats the image size that we were given, I thought it was quite small too. He used a canon 20D too so I am guessing the images he provided on CD are not the full res pictures taken? Charged me £200 for the disk too.

And yeah we had a great day thanks, got married in Cyprus and it was fantastic. So glad we chose to go away now instead of staying at home and worrying if the day was going to suit the whole family instead of just us!!

Hi

Not sure if this is anygood for you but ran my normal work flow... File was a little small but had a go..

Hope you had a nice day and have some wonderful images..

Regards

Shutterman

Looks a whole lot better , what did you do with it , and what did you use

rog (y)

Hi Rog

I just ran it through cs3 using my retouch workflow.. and applied a level of blur and used mask.. then smoothed the skin tones slightly and sharpened eyes and lips...

Regards

Shutterman

Hi Rog

I just ran it through cs3 using my retouch workflow.. and applied a level of blur and used mask.. then smoothed the skin tones slightly and sharpened eyes and lips...

Regards

Shutterman

Hi sutterman

i`m gonna have to get to grips with cs3 more . i can do the basics , i think my cs3 book will have to come out and play .
i hate getting rid of a photo that can be brought back to life .

rog (y)

Me thinks I need to learn all about CS3 too....Some of the edits I have been shown are quality, just wish I could do something similar myself :D

Hi sutterman

i`m gonna have to get to grips with cs3 more . i can do the basics , i think my cs3 book will have to come out and play .
i hate getting rid of a photo that can be brought back to life .

rog (y)

Thanks, I like what you did with the eyes...although sometimes I think they should be red and horns on the head. Doesnt always look that angelic!!

Thought I would have a try as well
Let me know if you don't like it (y)

Thanks, I like what you did with the eyes...although sometimes I think they should be red and horns on the head. Doesnt always look that angelic!!

Thanks, can't remember how I did it though, still learning on PS:LOL:

I know what you mean, devil incarnate at times and then butter wouldn't melt:bang:

dont know my copyright law, but how do you stand altering copyrighted images? did you buy the copyright off him or just the rights to use the image unedited/edited??

i take it the actual tog isnt a member here as well:shrug:

dont want to cause a prob, but would hate for something to kick off

Oh dear oh dear. Flash way down low, harsh shadows and worst of all that catchlight right in the middle of the eye is very gimlet like and unflattering. That catchlight could do with moving to around the 11 o'clock position..

However, Fletch raises a very valid point - unless the OP has purchased the copyright then there's a breach of copyright here in copying and altering this shot. Please let us know ASAP what the situation is with the copyright on this image, and no further edits please folks till we know what the situation is.

Oh dear oh dear. Flash way down low, harsh shadows and worst of all that catchlight right in the middle of the eye is very gimlet like and unflattering. That catchlight could do with moving to around the 11 o'clock position..

However, Fletch raises a very valid point - unless the OP has purchased the copyright then there's a breach of copyright here in copying and altering this shot. Please let us know ASAP what the situation is with the copyright on this image, and no further edits please folks till we know what the situation is.

To put you all at ease, yes I do own the copyright. I paid a lot of money too!!

(y)

thats good, sorry to have questioned you.

and a free bump to the top of the page

(y)

thats good, sorry to have questioned you.

and a free bump to the top of the page

No problem, to be expected I suppose on a photography forum. One day it might be one of my images being played with and I would hope someone would say the same to them too.

Cheers

Back