Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
would it be possible to merge these two threads into one MFT thread

I like that idea, I've said it in the past. I also think other make threads would be better combined too, some of them getting little action. Maybe start a Micro four thirds thread and see? No rule against it.

I read the Olympus thread but I only scan the Panasonic one.
I own one Panasonic lens and two Olympus bodies and a handful of Olympus lenses.
When either the Olympus or Panasonic threads have two or three conversations on particular camera features on the go they get hard to follow.

I'd be fine with a Micro 4/3rds thread - especially one that focused on images rather than GAS and features ;)

I'll throw a spanner in the works and say that some folks posts could get a bit lost. What I mean by this, is whilst the two brands share lenses and the sensors are similar/the same the usability is very different. Therefore people go on the Olympus thread to ask advice on how to use Olympus cameras, menus, AF systems etc, and likewise the Panny people go on there to ask these questions. I think it could get quite confusing if you start talking two different systems on the same thread.

I'll throw a spanner in the works and say that some folks posts could get a bit lost. What I mean by this, is whilst the two brands share lenses and the sensors are similar/the same the usability is very different. Therefore people go on the Olympus thread to ask advice on how to use Olympus cameras, menus, AF systems etc, and likewise the Panny people go on there to ask these questions. I think it could get quite confusing if you start talking two different systems on the same thread.

What I suggested would be a separate overall MFT thread alongside the existing ones. How many ruddy Nikon threads is there? And they're all the one brand, use the same lenses etc

Panolympus has a nice ring to it.. Olysonic sounds futuristic... hmm...

What I suggested would be a separate overall MFT thread alongside the existing ones. How many ruddy Nikon threads is there? And they're all the one brand, use the same lenses etc
I see your point, but I wouldn't visit the M4/3 thread if there's also an Olympus one, I'd just go to the Olympus one. Obviously YMMV (y)

I've changed my vote for 2 reasons.

1 I'm fickle, and

2 After reading Snerkler's arguments against 1 thread I've realized it was a stupid idea and think Keith should feel thoroughly ashamed of himself. :banana:

Merging the threads would make it chaotic, especially where people have replied without quoting.

If you want a generic MFT thread then start one, If people prefer to post in it, then the other 2 will slide into oblivion over time.

Merge threads?

I struggle to follow the existing Olly thread, someone will ask a question about something like settings for sports, then before anyone can answer there's some photos of bees or flowers, then someone wants to know if a macro lens is any good and before anyone can answer there's pictures of landscapes and people etc.

If I want to know stuff about MFT I go to dpreview, they have an entire forum dedicated to MFT, having only a couple of MFT threads here is too chaotic to follow so I mostly don't.

^ What he said!

Merge threads?

I struggle to follow the existing Olly thread, someone will ask a question about something like settings for sports, then before anyone can answer there's some photos of bees or flowers, then someone wants to know if a macro lens is any good and before anyone can answer there's pictures of landscapes and people etc.

If I want to know stuff about MFT I go to dpreview, they have an entire forum dedicated to MFT, having only a couple of MFT threads here is too chaotic to follow so I mostly don't.

Dpreview forums are tragic, you're not exactly chatting with the same people there.

I must admit there are times I'd prefer one thread. I want to ask a question now about G80 vs EM5 and not sure which one to post in, or both, or neither and start a new thread. I believe this is known as a 1st world problem.

I’d like to see a m4/3 thread, then broken down into subsections Panasonic/Olympus, then broken down into the various models that each currently have available in their range, then have the ability for the poster to start a sub thread entitled the lens they have used against which camera and then subsections that breakdown into questions and photos.... I like structure what can I say,

No I don't want to start sifting through Panasonic related threads to find Olympus topics -what next full frame all in one thread ? just don't think it would work .
Rob.

Hmmmm it was just a thought but I don’t want it to cause a row ,so will probably let it drop . As to gandalphs idea I have seen that put into practice on other forums and the trouble is someone will answer on i.e a thread re a g80 but with a answer for a g9 , to many peeps can’t read a thread from the start and answer from the middle

Would be more sensible if everyone went Canon or that other make! :)

Would be more sensible if everyone went Canon or that other make! :)

Sony? :p there's no images in the main Sony thread bar pictures of gear or memes for the last 6-7 pages :D If ever there was a gear orientated thread

Well, this is the 'Talk Equipment' forum, so I think discussions of the equipment are on topic...

Back