Can You Believe People Pay To Go Here?

its a holiday destination and thats what people do.
Closest I have come to that is when I stayed in Rimini in Italy for the moto GP and the beaches where just like that. Never went on them though.

I like my holidays traveling and seeing the country I am in not the local bar and the beach 2 yards in front of me.

Love the first pic though with all those high rise,

I've been to Benidorm a couple of times, although more for a quiet weekend out of season and some fish and chips as I can't get them further north! While the thoughts of that beach is definitely shudder worthy, I do find the concrete jungle that is Benidorm strangely alluring.

its a holiday destination and thats what people do.
Closest I have come to that is when I stayed in Rimini in Italy for the moto GP and the beaches where just like that. Never went on them though.

I like my holidays traveling and seeing the country I am in not the local bar and the beach 2 yards in front of me.

Love the first pic though with all those high rise,

To get there people tend to fly into Alicante-Elche airport then transfer to Benidorm. I don't think they know that during their transfer they are passing better, less busy beaches and nicer locations that are not concrete jungles.

I've been to Benidorm a couple of times, although more for a quiet weekend out of season and some fish and chips as I can't get them further north! While the thoughts of that beach is definitely shudder worthy, I do find the concrete jungle that is Benidorm strangely alluring.

I tend to avoid the place, but my youngest and his novia were visiting and they wanted to go to Aqualandia. Seemed pointless going home then returning to collect them so I had a few hours to kill, which I used to do some location scouting for night shots. I found what I was looking for too. This view should be spectacular during the blue hour!

Benidorm 6 Shot Pano by Ricardodaforce, on Flickr

rather than sit on a beach or in a bar for a week.

I have never understood people who pay hundreds or even thousands just to spend a week or two laying on a beach or next to a pool.

I couldn't justify spending that much money on something I no longer have after a couple of weeks - even if I could afford it.

Steve.

i stayed at a villa a few miles up the coast a few years ago which was lovely. We ventured into Benidorm one evening and vowed never to return.

It does have a nice golf course though, the Levante or something along those lines.

I like your pics anyway - the first one is strangely beautiful, like the shots you see of Kowloon's overcrowding.

Aren't the nightclubs supposed to be a big attraction? Never been myself, but would much prefer something outside of the city or in the country!

I have never understood people who pay hundreds or even thousands just to spend a week or two laying on a beach or next to a pool.

I couldn't justify spending that much money on something I no longer have after a couple of weeks - even if I could afford it.

Steve.

This exactly. I go on holiday to view other parts of the world, have a taste of another culture and enjoy the scenery and people, not to mention snapping away. Not to try slightly warmer sea and a pool. Don't get me wrong, I may head down to the beach one day, but not for 2 weeks.

This exactly. I go on holiday to view other parts of the world, have a taste of another culture and enjoy the scenery and people, not to mention snapping away. Not to try slightly warmer sea and a pool. Don't get me wrong, I may head down to the beach one day, but not for 2 weeks.

Agreed. That's my view too.

Not for me.......:shake: I will keep my money and use it for camera gear.:clap:

I love the hot weather and the beaches, but not the crowds. Where would you suggest?

Well that's a good question. Where I live (La Playa de San Juan, Alicante) we have a better beach than the 2 main ones in Benidorm PLUS it's not frequented by the tattoo and beer brigade. Furthermore it's closer to the airport than Benidorm. (y)

Back