Can you connect DJI Osmo camera to Phantom drone?

Name
Umair
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I am going to buy DJI Osmo 5x soon.

However, I want to know that will I be able to connect the Osmo camera to DJI Phantom 3 or I will have to buy another camera for drone as well?

Regards

No chance.

the osmo is a completely different mounting system. the Phantom cameras can only take the 1080P and 4k gimbals. the inspire x3 camera is the only one compatible with the Osmo handle as far as I am aware.

No chance.

the osmo is a completely different mounting system. the Phantom cameras can only take the 1080P and 4k gimbals. the inspire x3 camera is the only one compatible with the Osmo handle as far as I am aware.
So what do you think is a good investment. OSMO or phantom if I am not using for youtube videos?

Do you want to fly...or not?

Osmo is an action cam, phantom and inspire are aerial drones...different tools :)

Hi,

I am going to buy DJI Osmo 5x soon.

However, I want to know that will I be able to connect the Osmo camera to DJI Phantom 3 or I will have to buy another camera for drone as well?

Regards

The Phantom 3 comes with a gimbal and camera already.

No chance.

The X5 will be compatible too.

The X3 camera on the Inspire 1 is different to the X3 camera that comes with the hand held gimbal, the Inspires X3 camera will only work on the handle once a firmware update has been applied. The X5 camera needs an adapter in order to work on the handle which is not yet available, but there are 3rd party work arounds. And technically the Osmo is NOT and action cam as it is not waterproof or that rugged so it cannot take knocks as it is quite fragile.

Last edited:
Back